• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

15A Fuse keeps blowing? Please help!!

pancake

NAXJA Forum User
Under the hood, on passenger side. I don't know what the fuse goes to, but it blows quite often now. It used to happen once in a while when I went into reverse, but now it happens while driving. I blew 3 fuses on the way to work this morning. I don't have a service manual with me, it's in CA and I'm in WA. :(

It's a 15A fuse located in the block of 10/15/20/25A fuses. If you look at the bottom of the fuse box cover, it is next to the Fog Lamp & A/C Clutch section. When you look at the fuse box inside the Jeep it's the 1st row of fuses. The order goes 15A-[15A(this one)]-25A-15A and the problem child is the 2nd 15A from the left. Anyone have any tips on what this could be?

Alot of times i've found burnt wiring on line going down to oxygen sensor ,or frayed and cut wires right above the front drive shaft. Are you talking about the power distribution box under hood or the ones in kick panel inside the jeep. badge714 What year is your jeep
[email protected]

Last edited:
It has to supply power for something, just try to find out what quits working...Try Everything.

It's in the PDC. 1998 XJ Sport / AW4 / D30 / D35 / NP242 / ABS / 4.0L

JohnX said:
It has to supply power for something, just try to find out what quits working...Try Everything.

The engine quits working. Fan stays on in engine and starter cranks. No go though. All interior stuff keeps working.

Which one of these?

standard.jpg

I've got a pic with the fuse circled, but I don't have a place to host it. It's section A, #'s 11/12

Fuel pump relay fuse #21. It only goes to the fuel pump and engine controller. It could be a wiring short from the relay to the pump, fuse to the engine controller, pump itself, or the engine controller itself. The wiring should run from the relay down the left side to under the rear seat and out to the fuel pump.

MJR said:
Fuel pump relay fuse #21. It only goes to the fuel pump and engine controller. It could be a wiring short from the relay to the pump, fuse to the engine controller, pump itself, or the engine controller itself. The wiring should run from the relay down the left side to under the rear seat and out to the fuel pump.

Wow. Thanks for the help!

Now I need to figure this puppy out. Sounds expensive. Anyone else had a similar problem? Shall I take this to the dealer? I'm not good with electrical stuff.

MJR said:

Mike your my hero.

pancake said:
Wow. Thanks for the help!

Now I need to figure this puppy out. Sounds expensive. Anyone else had a similar problem? Shall I take this to the dealer? I'm not good with electrical stuff.

Too bad you aren't closer to me.

MJR said:

You think I should consider replacing the fuel pump relay? Could that be a possible cause?

Wow, this is old. I'm still having the problem and haven't been able to fix it. Anyone have tips before I take it in?

Help... :repair:

Back