• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My front axle is off-center?

jeeperdavis

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '99 XJ all stock and the front axle is off-center to the passenger side around maybe 2", WTF? What could it be and how do I fix it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

X2

either that or you have one seriously messed up control arm mount.....but then your axle would also be crooked font to back..........i speak from experience after a little toyota corrolla hit me in the front end.

Midnight Krawler said:
Sounds like your track bar may need adjusting. Also, check the passenger side for a wheel spacer or different rim.

There are no adjustments on a stock track bar. Mismatched rim sounds like a possibility though.

Sounds like the Jeep is lowered. Raising the Jeep would require a longer track bar. Bad springs in front?

Thanks for the replies so far guys. I've owned it for a little over a year( never noticed it before, but could have been like this for awhile). Never really off road except for hunting. I'm pretty sure it hasn't been lifted before. Ride height is 31 1/2" from the ground to the bottom of the factory fender flare. The track bar is 33 3/4" from end to end.

Back