• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1968 Barracuda and 1989 XJ for sale CHEAP

KingOfTheHill

NAXJA Forum User
Cheap for quick sale... im moving and can not bring them with me

pics of the XJ coming tonight

3k miles on the new 32" BFG AT's (5 of them) Dana 44 locked with extra locker, closed cooling system, JKS quick disconnects, sold crossover steering bar, all new brakes/booster/master cylinder, aftermarket seats (COMFY!!!!!) this is a quick rundown since im at work...Borla Headers, Magnaflow muffler, tow hitch, gas tank skid plate... black, clean and dependable... 309k on the clock but half of that is on a new motor... everything works, pwer windows, ac, heater, everything... i drove it back and forth to flagstaff last x-mas... its been all over cleghorn in 115* heat crawling with the ac on!...
$2000 firm

Thread of when i bought the XJ
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=962443

and my beloved barracuda :(

I have 15k in the motor alone

Basic specs

440ci big block
727 transmission with Cheetah manual valve body
4:56 richmond gears with locker
ARP studs for rear axle
ALL ARP hardware internally in the motor
Edelbrock aluminum heads
Edelbrock air gap intake
Race Demon 1050cfm carb with 760cfm venturi's right now
MSD 6a box and coil
Aluminum radiator
fiberglass hood with original steel hood, painted at the same time...motor's too tall for the stock hood to clear
Disc front brakes
Battery located in trunk
All bodywork done right and rust cut out and removed paint is not SHOW CAR quality but its very nice...would rate it a high 7 out of 10.
Stainless headers
Flowmaster mufflers
gear reduction starter
edelbrock fuel regulator and filter

i won't lie, the pics look better than the car is.. its 95% finished and ive simply ran out of time and am moving to Texas in 43 days and I won't have room for this car... going to be in an appartment and i just can't bring it with... im bringing my other classic (64 vette) with me, as well as my daily driver and my g/f's car...all in an appartment.... I can't bring it.

If you are TRULY serious about this PM me for my phone #... Please no tire kickers or bs LOWBALL offers.... This is the absolute lowest i will go, i just need it gone.

I have all reciepts totaling 40+ THOUSAND dollars... no joke :eek: 15k alone in the motor (like i said, serious offers will get full breakdown of internals, match porting ect)...

It needs a few things tweaked but its an awesome car and well worth 12,000 IMO... its makes me sick that I listed it for 12k

Im treating this as a band-aid... just rip it off quick before i have to think about it too much... im kinda pissed im in this situation and can't ride the market out a bit longer and finish her up and enjoy it more :eek:

2ufqflx.jpg

b46z9i.jpg

33per2g.jpg

xpttlc.jpg

Last edited:
got a friend looking for a cherokee so I'll contact him and get back to you later today.

i cant believe you are selling that cuda...wowza

no room for it over there.

Its actually going to be a chunk of my down payment on a home as well...it sucks, it really does.

I have a 64' corvette so i had to choose on what was going to be in the garage of our new apartment, so i chose the Corvette since im more of a chevy guy.

But man, im not gonna lie, it does hurt to sell it.

JOe

no room for it over there.

Its actually going to be a chunk of my down payment on a home as well...it sucks, it really does.

I have a 64' corvette so i had to choose on what was going to be in the garage of our new apartment, so i chose the Corvette since im more of a chevy guy.

But man, im not gonna lie, it does hurt to sell it.

JOe

I hear you. I sold my 67 last year after having it since I was 15.

DSCN0356.jpg

Im surprised there isn't more buzz about the XJ for 2,000.... Lots of upgrades and dependable as can be. I would and could drive it cross country right now without hesitation.

JOe

Baracuda = BAD ASS! beautiful, wish I could afford to be in the market.

Can I confirm that the odometer says 308,xxx? Original motor?

barracuda may be gone... will know thursday deposit was left.

Have 1 guy coming today from Naxja who said hes gonna buy the jeep at 5:30... i'll update it if it sells.

the Motor was rebuilt at 169K... odometer is at 300+ yes..

Seats were from JC Whitney, VERY comfortable... really are.

JOe

Dude, I totally feel your pain. I had to sell my '68 Olds 442 years ago for basically what I spent fixing it up. I still get that bad feeling in my gut when I think about it. But sometimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do. Good luck brother.

Im only 19, but I get that feeling all the time when I think about my old 86 yota. :tears: Best beaner truck ever!

Is the XJ still for sale? Thanks

Is the XJ still for sale? Thanks

Yes.

I have a looker coming over today at 3:30 (he said he would call by 2 to confirm) and a Naxja member coming Friday night to look.

Like i said to both and everybody else ive talked to... Cash is King and the first one to put money in my hand owns it.

JOe

Back