• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Fiberglass Hood

Baja_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Perry McNeil at McNeil Racing Inc. wants our input. What are we looking for in a hood? They have a variety of louvers and scoops available. Please go to their site and have a look at the louvers and scoops and hoods they have in production and post up suggestions and ideas what you want and we can all come to an agreement as to how to have it done. They cant build one to suite everyone so we have to come together and make a decision. Personally I love louvers but I dont know that we could squeeze a cowl scoop and louvers both on it as small as the XJs hoods are. I really think the Bronco Hood done as an XJ would look good but the scoop wouldnt really help with anything but maybe what if they took that scoop and turned it around and made a mini cowl to get the air out? Just my .02, lets hear yours!

Haha that was a suggestion I said and Perry didnt seem like he wanted into that situation. 1 Piece clip would be sick, and really I think that may be the only way they could get louvers to look good on a XJ hood. But anyways maybe if we get enough to post about a 1 piece we could get him to change his mind. Hell Id even donate my fenders and core support if they needed them to do the mold haha

maybe if we get enough to post about a 1 piece we could get him to change his mind.
how many more times do i need to post? :D why should the chevy yota and ranger guys have all the fun!

Lets hear a second choice haha One piece is definatly going to be a popular choice if we can talk them into it. But incase they dont. What would be a second choice? Throw in your choice on scoop(s) and louvers that are shown on the site as the pick list or name an example of a hood you like that they already make

Well parts for the 97 & later would be nice. If they made a one piece front end I would buy it. As for a hood I would like functional louvers, but no scoop or cowl. I don't need anything else to have to look around.

If you put a scoop on it, make it a low one..No more than 2" wouldn't block to much i think..I am over 6'.. So the guys that are shorter could have a problem with this.

Im not a fan of tall cowl induction on XJ's because it pretty much dont serve a purpose since they are FI. Id be interested in a 1"ish like the 92-98 Chevy Pickup Hood Just repositon the louvers for the XJ body lines

Mold has been made! He had enough people call and make the suggestions and the majority won. Its not a one piece, but I think you guys will be happy with it. It has a new scoop that hasnt been used on any of their other hoods and louvers off to the side. I will post pics sometime next week when the first hood comes off the mold and I recieve the pics. Thanks to all the guys that got involved and help make this happen and most of all Perry Mcneil. This will by far be the wicked hood available for XJ's

a 1 peice front clip would be cool... for 1% of jeepspeed prerunners... 98% of people wouldnt be willing to do the work replacing those inner fenders... my guess is most people havent really thought it through
i know i scoffed when i heard people requesting the 1pc clip, as if its gonna be a bolt on..... if you did go through the work, even 1700's wouldnt run it... isnt any sheet metal removal illegal for 1700?

One Piece gives us an option for doing more tube work :moon:It wouldnt be 1700 legal but not all of us on here are wanting to race. Im building more for a toy than to actually race. A few years down the road yeah I might want to give it a try but I'd build a different rig

Back