• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1968 Kaiser Jeep Super Wagoneer for sale

Yamadevil

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 68 Super Wagoneer for sale. It is stock with good interior and also came stock with a Buick 350 wide block. from what i have read there was like 1200 made in 68. Body is damn straight and the engine ran good 2 years back when i parked it. Transfer case poped into neutral when i moved it out of the shop one day and i did not dig into it i just know didn't just drop in. This is a automatic and like i said has great interior and exterior is straight as hell and i don't see any rust. probably needs a battery and someone that knows transfer cases look at it. no title just bill of sale. asking $1,000.00 OBO. it is a hell of a rig to do up. plenty of power and torque. I must sale due to I got my XJ and wife is bugging the shit out of me. pics to follow i have to get out there and take them probably tomorrow.

here is a little more info like i said i would get pics tomorrow

The 1966 model year also saw the introduction of the more luxurious Super Wagoneer, initially with a higher-performance 270 hp (201 kW) version of the AMC V8, fitted with a four-barrel carburetor. With comfort and convenience features not found on other vehicles of its type at the time - e.g. push-button radio, seven-position tilt steering wheel, ceiling courtesy lights, air conditioning, power tailgate, power brakes, power steering, and console-shifted TH400 automatic transmission – the Super Wagoneer is now widely regarded as the precursor of today's luxury SUVs. Production of the Super Wagoneer ended in 1969.
[edit] 1967-1971

Two-wheel drive models, which the four-wheel-drives had outsold from the beginning, were discontinued after the 1967 model year, and at the end of 1968 the slow-selling two-door versions were also discontinued. For 1968 through 1971 Wagoneers were powered by Buick’s 350 cu in (5.7 L) 230 hp (172 kW) Dauntless V8. The Buick made less horsepower than the previous AMC V8 (230 hp vs. 250), but more torque at lower rpm (350 foot-pounds force (470 N·m) at 2400 rpm vs. 340 ft·lbf (460 N·m) at 2600), and it had 5 main bearings instead of the AMC’s 4.

I am resizing pics and up loading now. she is dusty from being outside and keep in mind the hood is in great shape i just have it off because it needs hood springs and it is a bitch holding the hood up to work on it. Remember this is a full size and that hood is heavy. you will see in the pics the interior looks brown but you can see the spots in the middle area where i dusted it off. they are in good shape and comfy, just need a good vacuum.

ok here is alot hope this covers it. only dent is on front bumper and pass head light bezel(not shown it is in garage)
100_0420.jpg

100_0410.jpg

100_0411.jpg
100_0412.jpg

100_0413.jpg

100_0414.jpg

100_0415.jpg

100_0419.jpg

100_0424.jpg

100_0427.jpg

100_0403.jpg

100_0404.jpg

100_0406.jpg

100_0409.jpg

I am sorry if posting all of these is not cool here i tried to re size them all and i can see it didnt work on most of them.

it is a good rig i just have 10 cars and no time or cash for what i want i am trying to do my XJ and a 55 caddy and 64 bus and my 47 tear drop trailer so i am backed up

Ok guys I made a mistake. I was told this was a super Waggy and me not knowing these too well just took it as thats what it is. I was just informed by another user it is not a SUPER Wagoneer. I do apologize. It is still a sick rig

Oh and i remember new plugs, wires, hoses, starter and master cylinder 2 years ago with 2 years age and probably 2 miles on them. Hoses are 150psi high pressure water line for upper and lower and heater hoses are AeroQuip high pressure line I do believe i put a water pump on this too and t-stat. Ive worked on so much cars I forget.

well my buddy's family had i think since 83 and they never registered it and i have not as well. I have had it for 4 years i think. I just did a 63 Cadillac that was out of reg for over 20 years and they said it resets and it cost me $200 i think and that was with the ladies fee that she charged to do it. I never go to the DMV with old shit like this

well my buddy's family had i think since 83 and they never registered it and i have not as well. I have had it for 4 years i think. I just did a 63 Cadillac that was out of reg for over 20 years and they said it resets and it cost me $200 i think and that was with the ladies fee that she charged to do it. I never go to the DMV with old shit like this

I'm still interested, but confused...

How did they/you drive it on the road without registration? Or did it not get driven around town?

Where do you go, if you don't go to the DMV? AAA?

thanks!

-Brian

P.S. I've owned LOTS of cars including a 55 chevy sedan, 68 porsche and a 72 Jeepster commando. They were all smog-exempt, DMV registered rigs, though, so I'm interested to hear your response. :thumbup:

What i meant is you go to a company that deals in registering them for you with no pink in hand. it is alot easier you pay them they hand you a tidal. Second i dont know how my buddies dad drove for so long with out reg. i got it and just got it running and only drove it around a little bit with someone following me( to and from my shop)

10-4, I understand now.

So any thoughts on it being able to be aired up, fired up and put on a trailer?

(No worries if your response is "bring a compressor, a battery, some gas and my elbow grease"..haha)

Back