• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need specs: AW4 bolt pattern

privatejoker

NAXJA Forum User
Here's the story, there's a guy here locally parting an envoy with a 4.2. I've done a little research and some aisin transmissions will bolt right up, but I haven't seen any mention of the AW4. If anybody has a bell laying around and could give me some bolt center to center dimensions, I sure would appreciate it.

Just saw this, Ill see if I can get some measurements for you tomorrow.

It is my understanding that any bell housing from an AMC origin 6 or 8 cylinder engine will mate. The 4.2 is the same as the 4.0 and the 304/360/401 8 cylinders.

Didn't AMC use the 727 Torqueflight on some of the early cars with the 4.2?

Sorry, shoot. Got too tied up working on the rig to get it ready for wheelin today. Ill be out there tomorrow around new. Ill set myself an alarm on my phone. lol

Took a while to get back to you. Sorry about that. But I actually dont have good news. Went out back into the alley to check the bolt pattern for you yesterday and its not there anymore! Freakin Yakima. Some crack head must've been driving down the alley and decided to recycle it as scrap aluminum. If it was a guy hoping to use it the joke is on him. lol I dont leave anything in working condition in the alley.

Back