• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Red River Gorge...

ren

NAXJA Forum User
Sunday Jan. 21. Will be about a 5-7 hr ride open to all build levels, and makes. Only MAJOR req. is street legal ride- plate, papers, ins., etc...
Meet in Stanton about 9.30 at the BP gs staion/ Food Court on south side of Mt. Pkwy.

So you are saying the trail rig has to have a license plate and ins. or the tow rig?

Your tow rig and the trail vehicle have to be tagged and insured ( State thing..).

WTF guys. I mean if it was a competition then I would understand it for classification purposes, but it sounds like you are simply trying to get a group ride together. What does it matter.

I am surprised that somebody from Ky is taking issue with the insurance thing, as it is a STATE requirement for a motor vehicle used on public domain. If you don't want the insurance thing, then take it up with Frankfort. I posted the note about insurance being required for people that MIGHT be coming from out of state, and I didn't want them to maybe get ticketed for lack of ins.
As for organizing a competetion, you are looking at the wrong person, as I very little to no interest in those types of events.

Wow Ren, sounds like he has not been to a national forest to ride if he takes exception to the licence and insurance thing.
Did you guys make the trip, i wanted to go but only saw the thread the night before and had no planning time.

No I havent been actually. If it is public property and you all dont pay to get in then yes you should have a licensed insured vehicle. But just like at the drag strip, if you have to pay to get in, you shouldnt have to have tags and insurance. I have been wheeling a million other places a million other times with no insurance or anything and have failed to get busted to have to find out our fine states laws I suppose. But that was a long while back. Im a little older now and more concerned with these things so I may take a look around the ole internet and educate myself a little on what we are and arent allowed to do.

I thought that most everyone who had any knowledge of the Slade/Natural Bridge area knew it was public land( for the most part ), and as you already said you know that plates and insurance are needed for those.

So I suppose Ren is with the local law enforcement in that area. Im sorry for not knowing better. Keep up the good work enforcing the local law and take care. ;)

Back