• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vermont Build - Oh Suzie II

She's back in one piece again. I got a new pressure hose, pump with reservoir and I fabbed a spacer bracket. Got it all put back together and will be back in service. I also disappointed my wife because she wanted to go for a ride but I am just too tired and would like to relax for a few hours.

My buddy and I headed out for a ride yesterday and only got a couple of miles from the house when both front brake calipers seized and would not release. I'm not sure why this happened, but I was afraid the problem was more serious because what are the odds of both seizing at the same time. Anyway, a trip to Oreily and few more bucks and she was back on the road in the afternoon.
Ut4mhIP.jpg
[/IMG]

Two new calipers and new pads. I was afraid the rotors may have been warped, but I've emptied every pocket and had to fix as inexpensively as possible. Anyway, there is no pulsation in the pedal so the rotors will be ok.

I started out this morning I was gonna drill the holes in my new front bumper mounting plates and get ready for that project, but while digging around in the back of my XJ, I decided to find a place to mount the hi-lift that wasn't always in the way. I fabbed up some hood brackets and got her mounted there. Went out for a ride with friends after that so no more tinkering was done.

WYWUiNw.jpg
[/IMG]

New front coils and a new front shock, thanks for the great warranty service Rough Country.

So its been a while since I've updated. I've been off road with my Jeep alot so far this summer. My wife recently buried it over the hood in a deep mudhole. Sucked in water and killed the starter. it was a long night, but a ton of fun too. I've gotten a CEL since this occasion and it seems to be running rich. Perhaps an O2 sensor, gotta get a scan tool and check it out.
4pODWcF.jpg
[/IMG]

I've been having some issues with no oil pressure when coasting or letting off the throttle so I recently added a mechanical Oil pressure gauge. Changed the oil to Rotella T4 15W40 with wix filter and a quart of Lucas Oil Stabilizer. Oil pressure still drops to around 7 psi when engine is up to temp at idle. On the gas it runs 20 to 30 psi. 50 psi when cold. I guess I will see what happens.

On the upside, I have recently aquired a couple of new to me XJ's. One is the red one shown earlier in this thread I got from my buddy. The unibody in the back has some holes so I'm planning on using the engine in my 98 if it comes to that. It is also a 5 speed which I am planning on swapping into the new to me 2 door I now own...but haven't acquired yet lol. I will post pictures of these in the near future.

I have also purchased a winch, nothing special but a 9500 pound rough country I got for a good price. I had to fab a bumper for that...fabbed enough to install the winch, but a bit more work to do.
AhfqG0y.jpg
[/IMG]

This morning I decided to finally do some fender trimming. I think it came out fairly well.
Aba6gV9.jpg
[/IMG]
RCi3VLT.jpg
[/IMG]

Things are still going great, I'm hoping to start building the 2 door 5 speed with perhaps some bigger axles...can't wait to figure it all out.
:party:

Hehe I know that feeling! All kidding aside, it looks like you you are enjoying your rig to the fullest, nice to see anyone getting to the point where they can have fun after all the hard work! Great job!

Back