• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BEWARE OF FactoryChryslerParts.com

kastein

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I was hoping these guys would come through eventually but it is time to call a spade a spade and have my bank reverse the charges.

Don't buy from them, they don't answer the phone (it goes straight to voicemail) and they don't answer emails either. They also don't send you the parts you ordered and paid for.

Timeline:
Feb 12, I place my order (1x catalytic converter bracket, 52003040 and 6x flywheel bolts, J3170524)
Feb 13, my card is charged, does not affect my balance till the 14th:
my bank's website said:
<table border="" cellpadding="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr bgcolor=""><td rowspan="2" nowrap="nowrap" align="CENTER"> 02-14-2012 </td> <td align="LEFT"> DB DEBIT</td> <td rowspan="2" nowrap="nowrap" align="RIGHT"> -60.50</td> <td rowspan="2" nowrap="nowrap" align="RIGHT"> (remaining balance)
</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor=""> <td align="LEFT"> 02-13-12 CHEROKEE CHRYSLER DODG 678-4931000 GA auth# 159310</td></tr></tbody></table>

Feb 14, order "has been received and will be processed"
Feb 14, order "has been processed and is expected to ship on the 17th"

Since then, nothing.

Feb 29, I email their sales account:
kastein said:
hi,
Any update? I haven't heard anything since the 17th and it is now the 29th...

- Ken
... no response.

Mar 13, I called, and got voicemail. Left a message with my name, phone number, order number, and all other info asking for an update. No response. Sent this:
kastein said:
I could really use an update at this point. I have called twice and gotten voicemail... it has been nearly a month since the parts were supposed to ship and all I have gotten is silence in response to my last email. That's really kinda not cool.

- Ken
... no response.

Mar 14 (today), I called, and got voicemail. Left an even slightly less pleased message with the same info. No response. Sent an email telling them that I am done playing around and will be calling my bank immediately.

Now calling my bank... DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS, GIVE YOUR MONEY TO HOMELESS PEOPLE INSTEAD! About the only thing they do quickly is charge your credit card.

That's the one I'll probably use next time, if my local Crown guy doesn't have the parts I need.

I actually ended up building my own bracket using quarter inch plate and what was left of the stock one before they managed to ship me one. Still need the flywheel bolts.

EDIT: how the hell did I think today was the 14th? I guess the two March dates I listed are off by a day. I'm dumb sometimes.

Last edited:
:roll:

I make fun of some... person lacking technical ability... for running 38s on a dana 30 and they search my recent posts for something to try and make fun of.

This amuses me, what brilliance will grace your posts next?

FYI I've used www.chryslerpartsdirect.com numerous times if you're still looking for OEM parts.

Funny, I was checking this thread to see if the two sites were related.

I ordered parts from CPD back on Feb 20th. The order is still "processing."

Now, they haven't charged my card, which is cool, but I'm sure that as soon as I order the parts somewhere else, they will.

Same deal, though, half dozen phone calls and emails, no reply...

Robert

Okay, one thing I failed to mention about ChryslerPartsDirect.com

They could update their communication as well, sometimes if they have to order a part it takes awhile and they don't let you know, it just shows up one day at your doorstep. But I've had this from all the online dealerships I've ordered from, hell I've got items from a Ford dealer a few months out with no contact, maybe I should ask them ;)

As far as flywheel bolts, contact 5-90, he has tons of hardware and jeep related stuff.

I have a set of used ones, but I have been told they should always be new, not reused. Figured I would do things right for once and got shafted.

I guess I will remeasure one of the used ones and see if I can't find similar length on summit. Hell with paying the price the dealer wants for these. I already dealt with the bracket issue myself.

Still no response from the company, my bank issued me a temp credit while they investigate and will make it permanent if the company does not hold their end up.

Funny, I was checking this thread to see if the two sites were related.

I ordered parts from CPD back on Feb 20th. The order is still "processing."

Now, they haven't charged my card, which is cool, but I'm sure that as soon as I order the parts somewhere else, they will.

Same deal, though, half dozen phone calls and emails, no reply...

Robert

Finally gave up and emailed them yesterday to cancel it.

36 hours later, still "processing."

I'm glad you guys have had good luck, but I'll never deal with em again if I can avoid it...

Robert

Agreed. Hell with those guys... I will never deal with them again even if they are the only people selling a part, because it's customary for them to send parts in exchange for me sending money. They didn't.

My bank reversed the charge and I haven't heard anything back from them or the company in question.

Ended up putting the transmission on the engine today, using Summit Racing stocked flywheel bolts, the stock pressure plate bolts, trans bellhousing alignment dowels I bought from a local dealer (Putnam Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge in CT... I called yesterday and ordered, they arrived today and I picked them up. THAT is how things are supposed to go) and some other misc stuff.

Last edited:
Just gonna bump this back up... they never did get back to me. I assume they are probably still playing the same game, a friend of mine (90XJay on here) got burnt by them 6-12 months ago, he ordered from the first place that came up on google when he searched for the factory flywheel bolt part number I gave him :(

For those looking for flywheel bolts for a 4.0, here's what I used swapping my XJ to 5 speed:
Flywheel to crank bolts - 1/2-20 right hand thread, stock are ~0.875" long underhead, a 1" long flywheel bolt clears the seal and bearing cap no problem. Mr. Gasket flywheel bolt set MRG-914
Pressure plate to flywheel bolts - 3/8-16 right hand thread, unsure of stock length, I used Milodon MIL-84535 chromoly bolts because they were a decent length compared with flywheel thickness and a good price.

I could have ordered from the dealer but this was 10-15 bucks cheaper iirc and I was doing a massive Summit Racing order anyways.

Good info to know. If the Jeep dealer in Putnam doesn't have them, contact me, there is a Jeep dealership here in Westerly, I'd be willing to pick them up and meet you somewhere in the middle.

I think I can handle doing dealer parts runs myself, thanks.

It was just a friendly offer to save some time. I won't make that mistake with you again.

First of all, my apologies, I don't remember why I was so prickly about that.

Second, FCP just made the mistake of emailing me ads... which reminded me how they shafted me, so I am bumping this thread to continue to warn people off. Thanks for the reminder FactoryChryslerParts!

I want to tell everyone about my negative experience with this company.
I live in Canada and never had anything like this when making an order in the US.
I ordered on this site 7 original parts for Jeep Liberty on June 19.
I just waited for shipping more than 2 weeks, order was delivered to our post office on July 10th.
Happy that I finally got everything, I paid the Canadian customs tax $ 76.
When I arrived home, I found that parcel was not have the most expensive and most important part for me, although it was registered in an invoice and the Canadian customs took a tax on it as well.
I called this company, the representative of the company told me that this part is no longer produced and they will return my money for it.
I said that this is simply impossible, this detail is needed by thousands of machines. Then they said that the detail is long and fragile, so they try not to send it by post.
But the money was taken from the card, showed it in the waybill as it was sent and I paid the customs duty for something that was not in the box. On the same day they returned to me the cost of the item not sent $ 178 and at the same time withheld 5.16 charges for having deceived me!
It's just like cheating. I really do not recommend using this company's services.

Back