• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Schedule - 2017

Kittrell

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Sunday - 7/23

- Travel day, no scheduled runs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday - 7/24

- Tincup Pass / St. Elmo
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=120

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday - 07/25

- Wheeler Lake
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=40

Wednesday - 7/26

- Holy Cross
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=11

Thursday - 7/27

- Iron Chest
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=8

Friday - 7/28

- Chinaman's / Carnage Canyon
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=1

*This has historically been an opportunity for the ladies to get behind the wheel, but all are welcome.

Saturday - 7/29

- Grizzly Lake
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=55

- Saturday Evening
1.) Chapter sponsored dinner at about 7:00pm
2.) Raffle following dinner at about 8:00pm

Sunday - 7/30

- Travel day, no scheduled runs.

Anyone know the start time and meeting location for Iron Chest on Thursday?

I am interested in the Chinaman Gulch/Carnage Canyon run. Anybody know the start time of these trails? And are all welcome? We Happened to be visiting the colorado springs area and seen this was going on!

It is open to whomever. Hopefully one of the guys at the event can post up about trail info

Great! Ya a start time would be great as I am in Aurora right now so it is a bit of a drive. If anyone knows the start time please let me know, thanks! Only reason I know is cause I seen your pic on jeepology's IG.

We ended up running Chinaman's today. It has been raining quite a bit which has altered what we have been running depending on accessibility. Shooting for Carnage on Saturday now. Tomorrow is TBD. Your best bet is to be at camp around 8:30 to catch the group for a run.

It's been raining for the last month I had posted the wash out conditions Two weeks ago for Carnage/chinamans from the rains . I would think that the possibility of the trails being much harder or impassable due to these washout conditions would have had.folks reviewing the trails before the.days of the runs . I.took off Thursaday and Friday in accordance with the planned schedule of the runs and you ran out of schedule and.basically cancelled Fridays run by running it today what.kind of pisses me off the most besides wasting Two of my vacation days is that there is no heads up and I find this out when.asking what Friday morning trail head ETA is ... I will bite my tongue , but I will never take time off from work to attend a Naxja run...again .

Great! Ya a start time would be great as I am in Aurora right now so it is a bit of a drive. If anyone knows the start time please let me know, thanks! Only reason I know is cause I seen your pic on jeepology's IG.

Oh right on! Glad to see some interest coming this way. Hopefully the guys were able to answer whatever you were needing to know.

Oh right on! Glad to see some interest coming this way. Hopefully the guys were able to answer whatever you were needing to know.

Do you see any updates in this thread for the weeks planned agenda of chapter planned event keeping those planning attendance ?....having spotty info posted up on a side thread after the fact when Justin asks for updates is not the kind of communication expected from a planned chapter run .

What?? Wanna break that up so I know what you're asking?
It sounds like you're asking if it was posted anywhere about changing trail? Answer is no. With weather and trail conditions, day to day decisions have to be made for best interest of the group as a whole. No one said you can't run the trails listed on the days listed.
If that's not your question let me know.

What?? Wanna break that up so I know what you're asking?
It sounds like you're asking if it was posted anywhere about changing trail? Answer is no. With weather and trail conditions, day to day decisions have to be made for best interest of the group as a whole. No one said you can't run the trails listed on the days listed.
If that's not your question let me know.

This planned Chapter event has a schedule and a thread...this is it...and from what can be made from fishing through side threads is that changes were made DAY-1 yet no officials posting this In this official trail schedule . The only Info is in a side posted accumulating spotty info by members and this is out of date info ...where were the updates at the start by...offical...naxja members in charge of the event ? .

I planned to run Chinamans Friday even asked Tuesday what the head count was and was told it was a go...nothing mentioned about changes I took Thursday off too be ready Friday then find out Thursday evening about the changes ...seems these issues could have been posted in this thread early in the week .

Not everyone is running the entire week some took days off in line with the ...trail schedule...the rub here is no one posting issues and event schedule changes when they started .

It makes little sense to head out to a trail that is not being run and from picking through the side posts this info could have been made knowledge.in this trail schedule thread dayyys ago .

No one knew they were not running carnage until yesterday evening. After looking at the trail conditions first hand. Until then, the plan was still to run it on schedule. So you were wanting to have people go out and check the trails at the beginning of the week, despite changing daily with the heavy rainfall the area has been getting.
I get what you are saying, and i agree with the idea that schedules should be kept.
HOWEVER. that area changes almost daily as do the rigs that are in attendance. The ability to run those certain trails may be limited. That is why at the beginning of each day everything is evaluated and a decision is made. Outside of taking care of those in attendance, there is no malicious intent in changing it. I will also say Justin is still looking to run carnage, so whats the problem?

No one knew they were not running carnage until yesterday evening. After looking at the trail conditions first hand. Until then, the plan was still to run it on schedule. So you were wanting to have people go out and check the trails at the beginning of the week, despite changing daily with the heavy rainfall the area has been getting.
I get what you are saying, and i agree with the idea that schedules should be kept.
HOWEVER. that area changes almost daily as do the rigs that are in attendance. The ability to run those certain trails may be limited. That is why at the beginning of each day everything is evaluated and a decision is made. Outside of taking care of those in attendance, there is no malicious intent in changing it. I will also say Justin is still looking to run carnage, so whats the problem?

That's it was planning to run...Chinamans....not Carnage on Friday . From what I can read the issues with trail conditions and runs out of schedule were known MONDAY ...I took vacation days for Thursday and Friday to attend ...A bit of official heads up would have been what one expects from an official naxja event . I did not need to waste Two days off to be in BV saturday .

Spoke my piece ...it's a done deal , and hopefully for future events a few seconds can be used to update official runs as they change in the theeads dedicated to the event.

Sorry George, but I am on vacation, managing a group of people, with situations changing daily with the weather, breakdowns, etc. I check the forum and drop updates when I can, which is less often than I would like, but I have no Wi-Fi and no cell reception at the site. At times I have left the campground and parked on the side of the highway just to make a phone call. I am making decisions concerning the best interests of the group who are already here. Even with all of the above I was able to let you know we weren't running Carnage in less than 20 minutes after you asked. I'm not going to make everyone happy and the trail you want to run is still being tackled. Just a few days later. The trail was good to go on Tuesday from the information we had from the people here in BV, then we got hammered with non stop rain and that changed. I am sorry you "wasted" a day of vacation, but we don't live in California.

Last edited:
Guess I will see you all at the campground for dinner and the raffle later.

HolyCross was Wednesday's run but it wasn't run I did not see why just curious if it was scouted and washed out or if it was a pre judgement call given the weather and group level . I ask because I have a group planning to go the weekend of August 6th...this coming weekend...

Back