• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Steering Gear Box spacer

Rockhound89

NAXJA Forum User

Does any one make these out of steel as my aluminum one broke and I think that is why all 3 of my bolts were sheered off as the bolts are still in the gear box so I don’t think they came lose.
broke.jpg

make sure you check for cracks on the frame!! when mine did that i had tiny cracks on the unibody so fix those or you will run into problems later.(ask me how i know)

http://c-rok.com/sb.html

i suggest either making an outside frame support as well or getting the one from them. i made my out side one and bought their inside one. it also comes with spacers for the inside of the frame. also continue to check the tightness of the bolts after each wheeling trip. sorry ill get off my :soapbox: now.

oh and one more thing- stay away from mud that will help too ;)

thanks

my front bumper has some huge plates that tie in to the gear box bolts and the frame so this also might play a factor in way they broke as i am not easy on my truck at all.

Back