• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does anyone carry this part?

BALTANAKT

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for what I guess is called the 'front pipe bracket'.

It's the steel piece that lives above the crossmember, and has a 'U' shaped protrusion that goes through a rubber bushing.

No luck on google thus far... Nor rockauto.

Mine is just pure rust. :confused1

I'm pretty sure it's part number 52003040.
Called a Catalytic Converter Support. If you can't find a new one, I probably have one in the parts pile.

I am going to suggest that you just make one, or have an exhaust shop make one. If you can't weld then you will need to take it to someone who can (that could easily be an exhaust shop), but if you can weld then this should be a simple part to make.

Most likely all you need is a short piece of thinwall tubing, probably 7/8" or 1" in diameter (Need to measure to make sure of the size). I would recommend stainless steel tubing so it doesn't rust out again.

Here is how Borla makes that part:

96ExhHanger7OPT.jpg

Note: Don't leave so many burrs behind on your part. I radiused the corners and filed those edges smooth before installing that part.

It is just a bit less than a half piece of thinwall, welded onto a couple of bent round bars.

Back