• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where are these suppose to go?

90renixxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey y'all I got a few loose lines that I'm unsure where they go. Any help is appreciated thanks
- this is behind the battery :
3369bdecbf05be94e756e48aea40a456.jpg

-this is below coolant reservoir and has a Y idk where the top and right side go:
80d05c293a5a2c1b05bb6600e0de95f6.jpg

- these two are around centre towards the back of the engine :
d1a38ca7cf9e85f6515397e1d94d0304.jpg

- these are right behind driver headlight :
eb25b43d1a48bbed37bd159ec2e3bd02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What year? The two in the bottom pic from behind the headlight *could be* for fog lights.

first picture looks like wiring to coil. ICM
second and 3 pictures is part of the 4wd vacuum control to engage the front axle and dash light

last picture looks like radiator fan and radiator temp switch.

second picture is part of the 4wd vacuum control to engage the front axle

I agree. No idea on the others, photos are too big and too close for me tell anything

I know where they need to go, directly a cleaning process, LOL.

It's a 1990. And @90xj06 I have a MSD ignition,coil,and distributor so those plug ins could perhaps be for the stock one? guess those can be cut? And hmm my 4wd works fine you know where they plug into?

@ecomike: thanks do you happen to know where they plug into? Although my 4wd is working. I am hoping to hit the whole engine with hot pressure washer this weekend:)

if your 4wd works. then the front shift fork in the axle has been set to be engaged all the time. or your front axle has been swapped with a later model. or someone swapped a np242 transfercase with full time.

does the light on the dash glow when in 4wd? should be yellow and say part time.

No dash light when I am in 4wd. And 2wd drive works as well so wouldn't that mean it can't be engaged all the time? I have a Ford 9inch rear diff and Dana 30 front all brand new 4.10 internals if that matters

No dash light when I am in 4wd.

The 4WD indicator is not in the gauge cluster as it is on the late models but to the left near the left vent. You may have missed it.

The 4WD indicator is not in the gauge cluster as it is on the late models but to the left near the left vent. You may have missed it.

Like on the side cluster thing where the arrow to shift is? It doesn't light up there either

Like on the side cluster thing where the arrow to shift is? It doesn't light up there either

Yup. I have noticed it takes a little while for my light to come on after 4WD is engaged. Couldn't tell you why, though.

Good luck!

Yup. I have noticed it takes a little while for my light to come on after 4WD is engaged. Couldn't tell you why, though.

Good luck!

Hmm I'll see tomorrow if it comes on after driving for a while in 4wd. Blew a hose this morning and won't be in til tomo so I'll try once I get it on! Thanks a lot man

WARNING WILL ROBINSON!
WARNING!!
Do not let the TPS sensor get wet!!!!!:nono:

They turn into gremlins if you do!!!!

It's a 1990. And @90xj06 I have a MSD ignition,coil,and distributor so those plug ins could perhaps be for the stock one? guess those can be cut? And hmm my 4wd works fine you know where they plug into?

@ecomike: thanks do you happen to know where they plug into? Although my 4wd is working. I am hoping to hit the whole engine with hot pressure washer this weekend:)

How should I prevent it from getting wet if I'm gonna wash the intake manifold right beside it? Bag orr

How should I prevent it from getting wet if I'm gonna wash the intake manifold right beside it? Bag orr

I always use this aerosol brake cleaner myself. The nonflammable, non electrically conductive, paint safe formula that has pure tetrachloroethylene in it. I gave up on soap and water ages ago due the issues with sensors and wiring connectors getting wet and shorted, getting under the Dizzy cap and causing a no start, cracking hot exhaust manifolds, shorting alternators.... and so on.

https://www.zoro.com/crc-brake-part.../i/G2813124/?gclid=CNHu0MSY8NICFY4vgQodU5AB6A

The other formulas are flammable and will strip paint!!!

I have been known to rinse with zero pressure water from a garden hose, wash antifreeze off from a blown hose that blew hot antifreeze/water blend all over the place followed by a DI rinse of critical areas to get rid of the conductive salt remains from the antifreeze. By I take special care around the dizzy, HV Coil and the TPS sensor, and use cold low pressure water, I do not spray it. At that point conductive antifreeze and water has already done the damage the way I see it. But I like to be overly cautious, some call it anal LOL.

Last edited:
I always use this aerosol brake cleaner myself. The nonflammable, non electrically conductive, paint safe formula that has pure tetrachloroethylene in it. I gave up on soap and water ages ago due the issues with sensors and wiring connectors getting wet and shorted, getting under the Dizzy cap and causing a no start, cracking hot exhaust manifolds, shorting alternators.... and so on.

https://www.zoro.com/crc-brake-part.../i/G2813124/?gclid=CNHu0MSY8NICFY4vgQodU5AB6A

The other formulas are flammable and will strip paint!!!

My engine bay is really dirty though like it's gonna need some pressure behind what ever is cleaning it. That's why I figured hot prsssure washer.. it's super dirty from mud bogs

Then protect the CPS/ Throttle body assy with duct tap and plastic bags. And use a hair dryer to dry out all the electrical sensor connectors, and the ICM-HV coil assy and the Distributor cap, wires and spark plugs before restarting it.

My engine bay is really dirty though like it's gonna need some pressure behind what ever is cleaning it. That's why I figured hot pressure washer.. it's super dirty from mud bogs

Back