• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projext "V8 XJ" Build

Yea I'm going to pull the fuel rail to see if the injectors are actually spraying.

The new Jeep thing will just simplify this swap a lot. I'd build an aftermarket cluster which will also be really helpful.

Do you have good fuel pressure?

That is why I went aftermarket gauges on mine. Although I wish I would have saved up for Autometers and not bought those shitty Intellitronix gauges.

Do you have good fuel pressure?

That is why I went aftermarket gauges on mine. Although I wish I would have saved up for Autometers and not bought those shitty Intellitronix gauges.

I’m fairly certain I do. I pulled on of my fuel lines and gas squirted all over. I know that’s not scientific lol

If you have fuel and spark the engine has to start.
Check if you have spark. (fuse, cables, coils...)

Not necessarily. This presupposes that ignition and mechanical timing are correct. I'd verify those.

sooooo its been a week or so

Oh shoot I kind of forgot i posted this!

Its still not ready, but I'm buying a new XJ.

99 XJ
37x12.5x17 Goodyear MTR tires
4.86 Gears
Currie Hi-9 Front Axle with Detroit TrutracCurrie
HD 9+ Rear Axle with ARB air locker
PSC Hydro assist
Low8point interior roll cage
5" Lift Deaver front springs
Deaver rear spring pack

977519_10151684425528674_497406073_o.jpg

So I think I'm going to swap the LS into this Jeep and the 4.0 into the red Jeep.

Looks nice �� although that rear shackle angle is a bit suspect

Looks nice �� although that rear shackle angle is a bit suspect

Yea there are some items that I need to fix. I'm probably going to move to the Boostwerks shackle.

Its a small list of things that need fixed.
Re-Bleed PSC steering
Fix Exhaust leak (I think Its coming from the header area)
Alignment
The cut and fold was done a bit sketchy so I'm probably going re-do it or get some metal inserts

So I was doing some measuring this evening....I don’t think the LS will fit in my new Jeep. The ford 9” pumpkin is more centered on the axle than the front d30 in the red Jeep. The driveshaft is shifted nearly 1.5” to the passenger.

This would take away any space between the driveshaft and the oil pan/oil filter. I don’t know where I would run the exhaust let alone have enough room to flex the suspension.

I’ll post a couple of pictures tomorrow

OK pictures...

This is the red jeep. Stock D30 front axle. All measurements were taken from the middle of the LCA mount. The D30 driveshaft is about 8-9" from that point. The pumpkin is about 12-13" overall.
aALVAqB.jpg

Here is the F9". Notice the driveshaft is about 10.5-11" on the same measurement. The third member is at about 15". That takes about 3" of clearance between the pumpkin and the oil pan area. Not sure...
XcIfo8r.jpg

Back