• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1989 Renix Injector swap

DarkoShadow

NAXJA Forum User
Currently have a mostly stock 1989 Cherokee, about 205,000 miles on it with AX15 behind it. Wanting to upgrade injectors to 4 hole. All research if found says to get part # 0280155703 - but with different flow rate? Would these work?

If I use Bosch 0280155703 :

Is it too much fuel?
Too high pressure rating?
Will the piston get hot spots that will eventually blow the rings?

Has anyone put these in an 89' ?
I search for upgraded injectors and find websites that say these are the ones I need, but when looking to buy, they say to use 710's instead.

Last edited:
Ok, think I found enough info to try this all out. I'll comment back once if installed an run a tank or 2.

Last edited:
If I use Bosch 0280155703 :

Is it too much fuel?
Too high pressure rating?
Will the piston get hot spots that will eventually blow the rings?

Has anyone put these in an 89' ?
I search for upgraded injectors and find websites that say these are the ones I need, but when looking to buy, they say to use 710's instead.

I haven't done a swap but, most injectors are rated for a flow rate at a particular pressure. IIRC there are conversion charts for finding the flow rate at a given pressure. Hope that helps for your pressure rating question.

Back