• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frame rust

jeep ride

NAXJA Forum User
Found a rust hole about 8 inches long where the bump stop was bolted on does anyone make a repair frame rail that I could have welded on?

You could get a set of rear frame stiffeners and then patch any remaining hole with more plate. That's probably the route I would take if the surrounding area is still decent.

That's what I was thinking do you know if they would all the way to the rear bumper the rust starts where the frame starts to curve up over the rear axle and goes about 8 inches or so over rear axle

I've never seen one rust there. I've seen the top of the rails where the floor disappeared and the frame still looked new, but never rust on the actual frame. Maybe it's the desert.

I'd suggest you take a hammer to your underside and investigate. Chip out the obvious part and see how big it gets. Pick at any bubbling in the paint you see. You're liable to find damage too extensive to fix.

Thats a good idea about the hammer I posted pics on the naxja.org facebook site I cant post to this site though Thanks for the tip

Wish I would have wore glasses while I was cutting the exhaust system off that was when I found the rusted frame

Got my exhaust fixed found a rust hole right rear outside frame rail9

I was thinking about iron rock rear frame stifners and have them welded on

Ended up dropping off xj at a local weld shop for some ( frame) repair

Back