• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need pics of Ford axle track bar mounting

79yj

NAXJA Forum User
What did you use to mount the Ford Radius Dana 44 in your XJ?
I have the arms and the crossmember in. Now I need help with the track bar mounting.
I would also like to see a few shock mounts up close.
I have the shocks somewhat figured out but I thought if there was a better idea that now would be the time before I install them my way.
I am going to cut down the steering I have now so that isnt a problem.
I plan to post progress pics but dont know how. Who will post them for me?LOL!!
Thanks, Eric

I used a HD frame mount and welded a mount on the axle.
Boulder bushing at the frame end and 3/4" heim at the axle.
arms_rear.jpg

shock mounts for me were on the "C's", but the radius arms should have a mount for them.
knuckle.jpg

I used the stock shock mounts on the Ford radius arms. The axle was shifted an inch or so forward and the shock mounts lined right up. I fabbed a track bar out of a rotated Ford track bar using the stock Ford bushing at the axle end and the stock Jeep bushing (from the axle end of the Jeep bar) at the frame end using Rusty's Mount and YJ track bar bushings. All my pics are at http://www.picturetrail.com/petermontie I think steering stuff is in the "suspension" folder. I would have just used an aftermarket track bar, but I'm perpetually broke and I did what I did for the $8 that the YJ bushings cost. :D
Jeep on!
--Pete

Great PICS!!
They really helped me remember those little things I forgot like the steering stabilizer shock. doh.

As of today I have the axle under the XJ and the springs mounted to the radius arms that have a bolt slid into my mount on one end and totally bolted to the axle on the other.
I moved the factory brake line brackets down and I am hoping they will be long enough since I have braided aftermarket lines there currently.
The trackbar may have worked itself out, I was worried I wasnt going to find anything for that huge friggin bolt ford used. As it turns out being a pack-rat has its benefits, I found an old drag race piece that will work great if I dont mind both ends being heim joint.
I sent the Rusty's steering linkage to the local shop GDS 4x4 to get shortened slightly for reuse. Now I am wondering how will my Borla header fare against the brutal bashing the driveshaft will give it on full compression.
Eh, who cares I dont have the shafts yet anyway. Save that for later.

Back