• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High Idle to often

SINCITY192

NAXJA Forum User
its winter and every time i drive, then shut off the car and turn on the car again the idle goes really high about 3000 sometimes shutting it down works or helps but alot of times it doesnt whats wrong these arent factory sensors (TPS and IAC) i replaced them already the TPS a couple of times. So what is it? Sometimes sitting still after driving it sought of surges up a little! If that helps any!

what year is your jeep? most likely vacuum leaks

vacuum lines are always breaking and coming loose on those older jeeps. check the distribution tree by the air box, could be coming from there.

You mention that you replaced the idle air control but did you thoroughly clean the part/port where the idle air control seats? Good idea to thoroughly clean it with q-tips and throttle body cleaner.

It gets very carboned up over time and miles and could give you idle issues even with a brand new IAC.

Do you still have your EGR hooked up? If not, test it.

I can post the test procedure if you need it.

Back