• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Art's Tube Bender

Art101

NAXJA Forum User
Well I've been buying parts as money permits, and finally I got all the parts I needed to put together a bender. It is a Pro-Tools 105 mechanical bender, I converted it to air/hydro with the Copperhead fab brackets and a Harbor Freight 8 ton air/hydro jack. I went with a 240 degree 1-3/4" die set. I built the stand out of 2x4 rectangular tubing that I bought from Ashley Steel. For casters I just used some casters off a $15 northern box cart. Also I never had a degree wheel, so instead of throwing down $150 on a degree wheel, I just went straight to digital with the Judd Tools Tube Bandit. Well here are the pics of it.

begining of stand build
333f7a14.jpg

Mock up before paint
0e25581f.jpg

Gary laying down some paint
f775a3e1.jpg

Finished Pics
37c1e90b.jpg

682eb4a7.jpg

Nice work. This looks almost exactly like the one we used for many years. Im sure you'll get lots of good use out of it. Now go out and get some tube!

definitely opens up opportunities to make different stuff!

this is my other set of cool tools...

af8961dd.jpg
af8961dd.jpg

longevity lp60d plasma cutter
and a hobart 175 mig

Looks good. I've got the hobart in the 140 flavor. Doesn't seem to fit just right on that shitty harbor freight cart though.

So when are you going to start building all of the RRC south's cages?

Sorry but with the color I can't keep from thinking Harbor Freight. :cool:

Back