• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Democrats, Republicans, Pundits & Preachers

TRNDRVR

NAXJA Forum User
This was forwarded to me via email.
I do not know the validity of its information.
Flaming me for its contents will only fall on deaf ears.

Sen. Howard W. Carroll said:
Do You Detect a Pattern Here?

Democrats

* Richard Gephardt: Air National Guard, 1965-71.
* David Bonior: Staff Sgt., Air Force 1968-72.
* Tom Daschle: 1st Lt., Air Force SAC 1969-72.
* Al Gore: enlisted Aug. 1969; sent to Vietnam Jan. 1971 as an army
journalist in 20th Engineer Brigade.
* Bob Kerrey: Lt. j.g. Navy 1966-69; Medal of Honor, Vietnam.
* Daniel Inouye: Army 1943-47; Medal of Honor, WWII.
* John Kerry: Lt., Navy 1966-70; Silver Star, Bronze Star with Combat V,
Purple Hearts.
* Charles Rangel: Staff Sgt., Army 1948-52; Bronze Star, Korea.
* Max Cleland: Captain, Army 1965-68; Silver Star & Bronze Star, Vietnam.
* Ted Kennedy: Army, 1951-53.
* Tom Harkin: Lt., Navy, 1962-67; Naval Reserve, 1968-74.
* Jack Reed: Army Ranger, 1971-1979; Captain, Army Reserve 1979-91.
* Fritz Hollings: Army officer in WWII; Bronze Star and seven campaign
ribbons.
* Leonard Boswell: Lt. Col., Army 1956-76; Vietnam, DFCs, Bronze Stars,
and
Soldier's Medal.
* Pete Peterson: Air Force Captain, POW. Purple Heart, Silver Star and
Legion of Merit.
* Mike Thompson: Staff sergeant, 173rd Airborne, Purple Heart.
* Bill McBride: Candidate for Fla. Governor. Marine in Vietnam; Bronze
Star
with Combat V.
* Gray Davis: Army Captain in Vietnam, Bronze Star.
* Pete Stark: Air Force 1955-57
* Chuck Robb: Vietnam
* Howell Heflin: Silver Star
* George McGovern: Silver Star & DFC during WWII.
* Bill Clinton: Did not serve. Student deferments. Entered draft but
received #311.
* Jimmy Carter: Seven years in the Navy.
* Walter Mondale: Army 1951-1953
* John Glenn: WWII and Korea; six DFCs and Air Medal with 18 Clusters.
* Tom Lantos: Served in Hungarian underground in WWII. Saved by Raoul
Wallenberg.

Republicans

* **** Cheney: did not serve. Several deferments, the last by marriage.
* Dennis Hastert: did not serve.
* Tom Delay: did not serve.
* Roy Blunt: did not serve.
* Bill Frist: did not serve.
* Mitch McConnell: did not serve.
* Rick Santorum: did not serve.
* Trent Lott: did not serve.
* John Ashcroft: did not serve. Seven deferments to teach business.
* Jeb Bush: did not serve.
* Karl Rove: did not serve.
* Saxby Chambliss: did not serve. "Bad knee." The man who attacked
Max Cleland's patriotism.
* Paul Wolfowitz: did not serve.
* Vin Weber: did not serve.
* Richard Perle: did not serve.
* Douglas Feith: did not serve.
* Eliot Abrams: did not serve.
* Richard Shelby: did not serve.
* Jon! Kyl: did not serve.
* Tim Hutchison: did not serve.
* Christopher Cox: did not serve.
* Newt Gingrich: did not serve.
* Don Rumsfeld: served in Navy (1954-57) as flight instructor.
* George W. Bush: failed to complete his six-year National Guard; got
assigned to Alabama so he could campaign for family friend running for U.S.
Senate; failed to show up for required medical exam, disappeared from duty.
* Ronald Reagan: due to poor eyesight, served in a non-combat role making
movies.
* B-1 Bob Dornan: Consciously enlisted after fighting was over in Korea.
* Phil Gramm: did not serve.
* John McCain: Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart
and Distinguished Flying Cross.
* Dana Rohrabacher: did not serve.
* John M. McHugh: did not serve.
* JC Watts: did not serve.
* Jack Kemp: did not serve. "Knee problem" (although continued to play in
the NFL for 8 years.)
* Dan Quayle: Journalism unit of the Indiana National Guard.
* Rudy Giuliani: did not serve.
* George Pataki: did not serve.
* Spencer Abraham: did not serve.
* John Engler: did not serve.
* Lindsey Graham: National Guard lawyer.
* Arnold Schwarzenegger: AWOL from Austrian army base.

Pundits & Preachers

* Sean Hannity: did not serve.
* Rush Limbaugh: did not serve (4-F with a 'pilonidal cyst.')
* Bill O'Reilly: did not serve.
* Michael Savage: did not serve.
* George Will: did not serve.
* Chris Matthews: did not serve.
* Paul Gigot: did not serve.
* Bill Bennett: did not serve.
* Pat Buchanan: did not serve.
* John Wayne: did not serve.
* Bill Kristol: did not serve.
* Kenneth Starr: did not serve.
* Antonin Scalia: did not serve.
* Clarence Thomas: did not serve.
* Ralph Reed: did not serve.
* Michael Medved: did not serve.
* Charlie Daniels: did not serve.
* Ted Nugent: did not serve. (He only shoots at things that don't shoot
back.)

Please keep this information circulating! -- Sen. Howard W. Carroll

nice to see Senator Carroll only looked for what he wanted to find...Figures.

Way to go Howie.

Nice to see he threw in John McCain as a token piece...That guy has more balls than the all the Dem's combined.

So what's the point? Democratic rule depleats our military. THAT'S the bottom line.

John Kerry served and sold out against his fellow soldiers and his country, jeopardising lives of POW's and lengthening the war. This traitor should run our country? This traitor should be our commander in chief?

And Jane Fonda can go f--- herself!

I got as far as Gray Davis, and then said, "Fawk it."

Sorry. If military service is all that's needed to serve politically, then how come David Hackworth is not President?

XJZ said:
So what's the point? Democratic rule depleats our military. THAT'S the bottom line.

John Kerry served and sold out against his fellow soldiers and his country, jeopardising lives of POW's and lengthening the war. This traitor should run our country? This traitor should be our commander in chief?

And Jane Fonda can go f--- herself!

So we shouldnt have a democary here in this great country?

What was Kerrys rank, while in vietnam? I didnt know he was a general or something higher. How did he lengthen tthe war and help jeopardize POWs?

XJZ will you please answer my question. I want a straight answer, please.

Do try a web search, then you won't have ask me all this shit on a regular basis. Who does your homework for you? Maybe if you searched you'd realize what a back-stabbing scum bag Kerry really is and not vote for him. Try keywords like; Kerry, vietnam, POW, Hanoi, atrocities, etc. But since you're ALWAYS calling me out, here ya go:

Just for starters: When Kerry returned from Vietnam talking of all the atrocities his fellow American soldiers were committing on innocent people, rape, torture, cutting off body parts, etc, etc,, saying how this war is wrong, and we're at fault, do you think N. Vietnam might use that as leverage/propoganda? Damn right!! Do you think they could possible use that against us? Do you think this could put any of the POWs at risk? Whose side was Kerry on?

See any simularities today with his "wrong war, wrong time" rhetoric? Who's side is he on now? Not ours, never was, never will be.

If you did your homework, you'd find this is only the VERY TIP of the iceberg. Better get busy, you only have a few days.

Last edited:
I just find it interesting that aside from a VERY select few, only the people on Kerry's boat are supporting him. I wouldnt be surprised if something massive is being covered up. We'll see though.

Also, what I tire of is this two party system. We need some good Libertarian Party candidates or some Independents. Nothing is funnier here in town than telling the coffee shop guy(Kerry supporter) that my wife and I voted for President Bush, but then we voted mostly Democrat as far as our local issues go.

And here is my last thing that'll probably get some going. How can anyone of you that are Christian, call yourself that, and vote for Kerry? Our Christian values should be the most important things we support, and you should be putting that first in your lives.

Fergie

XJZ said:
Do try a web search, then you won't have ask me all this shit on a regular basis. Who does your homework for you? Maybe if you searched you'd realize what a back-stabbing scum bag Kerry really is and not vote for him. Try keywords like; Kerry, vietnam, POW, Hanoi, atrocities, etc. But since you're ALWAYS calling me out, here ya go:

Just for starters: When Kerry returned from Vietnam talking of all the atrocities his fellow American soldiers were committing on innocent people, rape, torture, cutting off body parts, etc, etc,, saying how this war is wrong, and we're at fault, do you think N. Vietnam might use that as leverage/propoganda? Damn right!! Do you think they could possible use that against us? Do you think this could put any of the POWs at risk? Whose side was Kerry on?

See any simularities today with his "wrong war, wrong time" rhetoric? Who's side is he on now? Not ours, never was, never will be.

If you did your homework, you'd find this is only the VERY TIP of the iceberg. Better get busy, you only have a few days.

Well there you go once again. Why won't you answer my question I asked you XJZ. Once again you told me why I shouldnt vote for kerry, not why I should vote for bush.
Homework has nothing to do with this. Did I say I need your advice please tell me who to vote for? You may think I did this but I didnt.
Do you even know who you are voting for XJZ? You seem to not be voting for one man, kerry. Yet you have never said once why bush is so great and why he deserves your vote or others votes. Why is this? Simply because you think kerry is a bad man, you must think bush is the best without looking at anything other then kerry?
You are aware the N. Vietnamesse were willing to win the war at any cost? Even worse it was a limited war. On those 2 reasons we had no way to either win the war or make it get over faster.

Z22_Z33 said:
Well there you go once again. Why won't you answer my question I asked you XJZ. Once again you told me why I shouldnt vote for kerry, not why I should vote for bush.
Homework has nothing to do with this. Did I say I need your advice please tell me who to vote for? You may think I did this but I didnt.
Do you even know who you are voting for XJZ? You seem to not be voting for one man, kerry. Yet you have never said once why bush is so great and why he deserves your vote or others votes. Why is this? Simply because you think kerry is a bad man, you must think bush is the best without looking at anything other then kerry?
You are aware the N. Vietnamesse were willing to win the war at any cost? Even worse it was a limited war. On those 2 reasons we had no way to either win the war or make it get over faster.

HERE I GO ONCE AGAIN? I'VE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, PAY ATTENTION JUST THIS ONE TIME!! This dude suffers from Attention Deficit.

Do you just shoot off at the lips without reading any of the responses to the crap you post? Do you have to keep making duplicate posts, on multiple threads? This is getting old! Are just trying to stir things up? Why is every post of yours flaming someone or someone counter flaming you in response to your crap? I'm tending to believe the consenus on this board is that you're a PITA.

Check out YESTERDAY'S post under; Attention: All You Undecided Voters

Your post, #21.

My post #28. In which in said the reasons to vote Bush are;
1) National Defense/Security/Military
2) Taxs benefits
3) Land Usage

Those were my answers, then and now. Do I need to be more specific? Apparently you didn't pay attention or just don't understand. Do I have to go over the different party's stand on every issue for you? So when you asked AGAIN (and AGAIN), I thought maybe you needed to hear why NOT to vote for Kerry, figured that must be what you're trying to ask. That that might help you understand, Obviously all this might be a little too perplexing for you.

Yes, the Vietnam war was very, very difficult, especially when a traitor like Kerry fuels the enemies fire. WTF is your point?

Do I even know who I'm voting for? I've voted from the comfort of my home over a week ago. The absentee ballot is the only way the fly. I'm assuming your not even old enough to vote.

Now pay attention, go take your Ridilyn.

Well kind sir. I can read just fine. Could you please read what I wrote?
I ever so kindly asked you why I should vote for Bush, and could you please refrain from slamming anyone.
Yet you did not do this.
First time I thought hey no big deal, maybe he didn’t understand.
So I asked again. I stressed my point of not slamming anyone, please. Yet this time there was not one mention of bush.
You have never told me why I should vote for bush.

"My post #28. In which in said the reasons to vote Bush are;
1) National Defense/Security/Military
2) Taxs benefits
3) Land Usage"

Now how is this a reason to vote for bush?
That is all you have said. The rest of your time was spent slamming kerry. So you have given me all the reason to not vote for this man. But yet I did not ask, "why should I not vote for kerry?" I asked why should I vote bush, and could you tell it to me straight, without slamming anyone.

So let me state my question again. I'll try to make it clearer.
Why should I vote for bush? Could you please not slam anyone. I have heard enough about kerry. Please could you just give me a straight and honest answer without the bs?

Now this is off topic here. The Vietnamese people wanted peace, that is all. They were willing to go to any means necessary to accomplish this feat. How are we going to win a war, when the people are willing to sacrifice everything, including their lives? It was a limited war; do you now know what that mean? We never went into North Vietnam; if we would have done this we could have easily won the war. Yes we bombed North Vietnam, but there needed to be people on the ground as well. By the time we started to do something it was to late. The linebacker bombings by Nixon forced the Vietnamese back to the peace table. But by then it was 1972, no one liked the war, and by 73 74 we were pulling out. The Vietnamese have been fighting for hundreds of years, they have a fighting spirit, and they did not want to be ruled by a foreign power. If this was not a limited war and we openly invaded North Vietnam we could have won. Then again this might have brought in the Soviets or Chinese in to this War. Who can you blame this one man in making the war longer, you need to do your homework about the war and the history of Vietnam, and how far the people were willing to go.

That's not enough for you? Do you have *ANY* idea of where each candidate/party stands on these issues? Apparently not if I have to explain this to you. Do a search on the internet, your wasting my time.

You're too much!

Last edited:
No it isnt. So I find what they stand for big deal. I'm asking you man to man. Or would you rather say big smart(you) man to little pansy boy(me)? Why we should vote bush. You have not said once why any of us should. You stated some things but not how he stands on them. Maybe you havent taken the time to look at the man you believe should be the leader of this great country. You cant give me a straight and honest answer without bringing in kerry, why is that?
But since you seem incapable of doing this simple question I asked, I'll instead ask another one.
I am most curious to how you think kerry lengthened the war in Vietnam?

Last edited:
XJZ said:

Sorry. I don't like Kerry but if you see wrongs things happening and it appears as if those actions are condoned then you should open your mouth. To do otherwise is frigging wrong. I take umbrage with his making it seem as if it was a majority of the soldiers/Marines/sailors committing these acts when research shows us it was a minority.

Sarge

Fergie wrote: Also, what I tire of is this two party system. We need some good Libertarian Party candidates or some Independents.

I agree with you on more choices for political parties. I'm still waiting for a political paty that isn't trying to take away some of our rights.

In the end, if there isnt a third party present on the balot, I tend o vote for gridlock. Keep pne party in the house, and the other in the oval office. That way they bicker at each other and less garbage legislation gets passed.

As far as the Christian thing, Bush talks a lot, but his actions tell me a different story.

-Copperhead

Well, I have only done a little bit of reading on the President and his personal religious views, and from what I have read, he is a born again Christian.

He doesnt believe in gay marriage, wants to stop partial birth abortions and is not afraid to show it. Wether he is right or wrong in the eyes of others doesnt matter to him. He knows he'll be judged in the end, and does what he feels, and BELEIVES to be right.

I can't fault him for that. On the other hand, Kerry is a Catholic who isnt allowed to take Communion. Why is that? Could it be that supports abortion and gay marriage? That isnt too right to me.

As always though, if someone can prevent a logical counter to what I believe, I am always ready to listen.

Fergie

Z22_Z33 said:
No it isnt. So I find what they stand for big deal. I'm asking you man to man. Or would you rather say big smart(you) man to little pansy boy(me)? Why we should vote bush. You have not said once why any of us should. You stated some things but not how he stands on them. Maybe you havent taken the time to look at the man you believe should be the leader of this great country. You cant give me a straight and honest answer without bringing in kerry, why is that?
But since you seem incapable of doing this simple question I asked, I'll instead ask another one.
I am most curious to how you think kerry lengthened the war in Vietnam?

Why are you so self depreciating? (He's starting to remind me of xjguy).

I'm going to make this short, hope you get it this time. If you knew the party's stand I wouldn't have to explain all this.

Defense/security/military:
Republicans (OK now, that would be Bush, he is our Republican President, are you with me so far?) spend more money on, build a stronger military, make it a higher priority. I even like the talk about the missle defense system. We need to protect ourselves now more than ever, our homeland and abroad. And Bush is a great Commander in Chief. Kerry (Being the opposition and the polar opposite) has voted to nix every piece of military equipment we have, Stealth Bomber, Aphache helicopters, etc., etc. We'd be fighting in Irag and protecting our homeland with sling-shots if Kerry had his way (or most Democrats for that matter).

Taxes:
I believe we should have more control of our money. Republicans (again that would be Bush) tax less because they don't expand the government the way Democrats do. Did your not get your check from Bush? Small business owners get tax benefits, small businesses help our economy grow. Keeping more of our money and spending it on the things we want also helps stimulate the economy. And before you get off on the economy and jobs, you have to understand that the last 6 mo.s of the Clinton Admin, the economy was in a drastic nose dive. Jobs are now on their way up, along with the economy, which isn't an easy achievment considering Bush was handed a recession, then 9/11 and now the war in Iraq.

Land Use Issues:
Do I have to even explain this to someone that frequents on Off Road board? I can't believe this.....here goes. All Greenie organizations support the Democrats, Democrats support the Greenies. Greenies want you and I and our 4 x4's out of the forests. Hope this isn't news to you. Kerry sounds like he'd even be worse than Clinton. We gained some ground when Bush took office. Interesting show I saw on KQED (northern CA) last night, interviewing the pres. of the Sierra Club (among others), said if Kerry was elected, Kerry would do a complete 180 degrees on what Bush gained for us as far as Roadless issues/areas go. Dude, your favorite trial might not be there in the near future. It's already happening, look at Moab, etc. Don't want to have to say I told you so.

In response to your Vietnam question, I just did a cut and paste, like I said you're wasting too much of my time, again do a search, if I can do it, so can you, it works wonders, here ya go:

Attacks on John Kerry's combat record (whether he deserved his medals) are just the opening act for an even deeper controversy over his antiwar activities, which many opponents back then — and even today — consider to have been treasonous.

For baby boomers, this revives the surreal picture of former Vietnam POWs claiming that Mr. Kerry's charges about US atrocities lengthened their incarceration while war historians relate the details of "free-fire zones" and US bombing of Southeast Asia they allege violated the Hague Convention prohibition against attacking civilians. All that's missing is Country Joe and the Fish singing "I-Feel-Like-I'm-Fixin'-to-Die Rag" at Woodstock in 1969.

"Kerry's remarks to Fulbright's committee were devastating to everybody who served in Vietnam," says former POW Paul Galanti, who was forced to listen to "Hanoi Hannah" broadcast North Vietnamese propaganda about antiwar vets back home. "They were as demoralizing to me as solitary [confinement]. I consider Kerry's remarks to be deliberate lies and a prime reason the war dragged on."

I'm done dealing with you now. Bye.

Last edited:
Fergie said:
.... Wether he is right or wrong in the eyes of others doesnt matter to him. He knows he'll be judged in the end, and does what he feels, and BELEIVES to be right.....
Despite its initial outward appearance, this is actually a bad quality.

If someone believes what they are doing is correct in the eyes of god, and the review from god only happens when they have completed their life--
It allows them to commit acts, their entire lives, which are immoral in the eyes of god. This is especially bad when you have some one who believes they are on a mission from god. (Blues Brothers excluded)

Lou said:
Despite its initial outward appearance, this is actually a bad quality.

If someone believes what they are doing is correct in the eyes of god, and the review from god only happens when they have completed their life--
It allows them to commit acts, their entire lives, which are immoral in the eyes of god. This is especially bad when you have some one who believes they are on a mission from god. (Blues Brothers excluded)
And that is my one worry about him. I fight the fact that I have my Christian beliefs, but I do not believe that a Christian President should necessarily exercise his views over those that arent Christians.

One of the worst things in the world to me is when Christians judge non-Christians. We dont have that right, in my eyes. People will come to God on their on accord. If they have questions, we can answer them, but we dont need to judge them.

A fine balance it is between trying to uphold our Constituition, the law of the land, and the law of God. I wonder how many athiests there were that signed it?

Fergie

Fergie said:
the President is a born again Christian.
:sure: :looser:

Isn't that the same as an alcoholic? No wonder Rush is on his side, they have a lot in common.

Back