• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauge cluster backlights

N8N_99xj

NAXJA Forum User
What are the bulbs I need? One is out between the tach and the voltmeter. Looking online Osram lists four different bulbs as "instrument panel light bulbs." Are they the PC194s and can I just use a 194 (do they come out of their holders)?

Sorry for dumb questions but I honestly don't remember and I'm trying to put together a shopping list so I can replace all the burned out bulbs at once. These aren't listed in the owner's manual, either unlike all the other ones that I need.

If ur doing them all go LED. If I can find my part numbers I'll post 4th. Maybe someone else has an handy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

When I did the led conversion on my cavalier, I had full intensity control.

I found that a little fitzing around with the PC194 bulb holders and creative bending of the tabs let me reuse the bulb holders with new standard 194 bulbs. You could always try that and leave the actual PC194 in the package to return if successful.

so the 194s are the actual gauge backlights? Cool, that's what I wanted to know

Also, if your retrofits dimmed, which ones did you use? Looking for a stock green/orange look.

My experience;
Had several dash lights out, tried to find OEM but couldn't. Even if you get the originals the old ones have a green rubber coating like material that you ruin trying to take it off. Went with LEDs that lasted a couple weeks before one stopped working. Then another one stopped working and the first one that went out started working again. Been awhile now and the second one that stopped working is still out. Can't dim em but they are bright and look good.

Back