• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C100 connector: How do I unplug it?

ted939

NAXJA Forum User
I have water leaking through my firewall onto my floorboard. The point of entrance is where the C100 (that's what I've been told it's called) passes through the firewall.

I want to try to seal (caulk or silicon) all 4 sides of the C100 connector.

I siliconed the top edge of the C100 where it meets the firewall, and water still drains down around the sides of it, and gets in through the side or bottom edge of where the C100 passes through the firewall.

My problem is that I can't get my fingers or anything else squeezed and bent in around the C100 to reach the lower sides and the underneath edge. BUT, if I could remove the engine side of that C100 connector (the front end where all the wires hang out), then maybe I could reach around all the edges to seal them up!?

I've been told there's a 1/4" bolt deep in the middle of that C100, but I can't get a driver and extension to squeeze in between all those wires and the wheel well they're crammed up against. Anybody have any tips how to do so?

OR does that C100 unplug on the engine side? If so, how?! I've tried pulling it out and it won't budge! Any tools/techniques I could use, or should I not even try that?!

Finally, am I barking up the wrong tree? Should I be focused on finding a way to keep water completely out of the engine compartment so it doesn't make its way over to the firewall to drain down on the C100? If so, HOW!?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
On a Renix era vehicle, there is a bolt in the center of the connector going from the engine bay side to the fuse block side. Yes it is a bitch to get to. I use a 1/4 ratchet with a deep socket. Actually as you back the nut out, if I remember right, it unseats the connector.

Fuse blocks are normally ruined due to brake fluid leaking down on them, which degrades the plastic.

Back