• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to find seat cushion?

the great thing about doing it yourself is you can do it however you want. If you get some of the newer memory open cell foam you can run aircooled seats!

For a basic job though I'd run higher density if you are a bigger guy. Stock stuff was a tad on the light side. I want to say the original 'human spec' was for 160lb drivers.

the great thing about doing it yourself is you can do it however you want. If you get some of the newer memory open cell foam you can run aircooled seats!

For a basic job though I'd run higher density if you are a bigger guy. Stock stuff was a tad on the light side. I want to say the original 'human spec' was for 160lb drivers.

Pretty happy with the stock, back when it was younger. What I'm looking for is the actual foam spec, not the driver weight (which has obviously been increasing). 2lb? More? Not sure.

Looks like a typical XJ issue. I am 30 minutes North from Atlanta and have not found a seat yet for my '01 XJ that was in reasonable condition. Maybe upholstery place is next stop or so......

Let me see if I can track down the company that made the original seats...odds are they are out of business many years over, but might be a good place to start for specs.

Back