• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crown Vic on D44 stud issues

willy51

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so last weekend we (my bestist buddy Cal and I) were bench building a junk yard 44. Since we were taking our time and doing it up right with new gears and all (4.56 for 32's+) I decided to upgrade the brakes to the crown vic discs. I guess that the discs are just a bit thicker than the old drums. So here's the catch, I run stock aluminum wheels and the studs are just a tad short. I only catch about four threads.

So has any one else come up against this problem and if so do you know what the part number is for the longer wheel studs? Auto zone and the Dorman Catalouge were completely usesless.

Thanks

PS, the paint looks great Avery, Maybe we should do a whole rig in those colors some day ;)

willy51 said:
Ok, so last weekend we (my bestist buddy Cal and I) were bench building a junk yard 44. Since we were taking our time and doing it up right with new gears and all (4.56 for 32's+) I decided to upgrade the brakes to the crown vic discs. I guess that the discs are just a bit thicker than the old drums. So here's the catch, I run stock aluminum wheels and the studs are just a tad short. I only catch about four threads.

So has any one else come up against this problem and if so do you know what the part number is for the longer wheel studs? Auto zone and the Dorman Catalouge were completely usesless.

Thanks

PS, the paint looks great Avery, Maybe we should do a whole rig in those colors some day ;)

Hammer out one of the old studs and take it to your local NAPA parts store. They usually deal with commercial accounts and have a good selection of wheel studs to choose from. Just start comparing til you come up with the one you need.

I *think* these are the studs you want: http://www.jeep4x4center.com/wheel-accessories/
Look for part 4762841.

I had the same problem with the studs on my D44 and I just ordered these because I found a write-up somewhere that said to use studs that are 1/4" longer. I hope I am not wrong about the length of the ones I ordered. We'll find out soon.

Ok, so after some assistance from Carol at Pep Boys (napa was closed and Carol let me rumage the bins) I think we got it. Suckers were 4.99 a piece! There a little longer than I would like but they should work. I will try them out this weekend and if there right i will post up the part number.

Thanks for your help all,

DON'T DO IT! IT WILL FOLD LIKE A TACO!

:)edit: i wasted my 5,500'th message on this!)

Last edited:
Back