• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projext "V8 XJ" Build

Thanks. I'm going to try and attack it hard this weekend. I need to have this thing drivable in the next 4 weeks!

Did some wiring today. Soldered in the fan wires and EVAP stuff.

Wired most of the engine bay stuff in today. Wired the GM fuel pump control to the Jeep wire, wired in the fans, wired in the GM fuse panel to a secondary relay controlled by the Jeep coil wire (ignition +), starter wire is wired. Almost everything under the Amgen bay is complete.

Every time I see a v8 build it plants the seed in my head...lol...but it looks like so much pita time consuming work ...lol..you are a much more patient man than I, however when my 4.0 dies I might become more patient .

The to do list. It grows as much as it shrinks

I feel you on that one. I mark something off and then think... "Oh yeah I have to do this, this, this, this....." It never ends :)

FUTURE TIP FOR ANYONE READING THIS: So I wired up the jeep fuel pump to the GM harnes and it wasn't working. I would tap the battery and the fuel pump would turn on.

Realized that the jeep fuel pump is a ground relay and the GM is a power relay. Gotta add another relay to the bunch to switch the polarity.

FUTURE TIP FOR ANYONE READING THIS: So I wired up the jeep fuel pump to the GM harnes and it wasn't working. I would tap the battery and the fuel pump would turn on.

Realized that the jeep fuel pump is a ground relay and the GM is a power relay. Gotta add another relay to the bunch to switch the polarity.

Can't you swap wires around on your current relay?

Yea I could, but I'm just using the stock Jeep relay. So opening up and changing the bottom of the relay box is a pain in the ass.

Yes it is. I took mine apart several times. All the retaining tabs are brittle as hell too. I only broke 1 thankfully.

So I don't think just adding the GM fuel level to the jeep one works. Maybe I need what was suggested, but with the jeep off the GM fuel level shows 43%. With the jeep on it shoots to 100% I may just end up doing what clydefrog did and doing a switch on the fuel level with resistors. One side at full tank and the other at half.

I used an aftermarket sender and guage so I'm no help on this one.

I will send you a mock harness with the resistors in it and a switch (replica of mine, I have a ton of extra resistors) if you want. PM me your info. What year is your GM ECU? There were different OHM ratings depending on the year.

I will send you a mock harness with the resistors in it and a switch (replica of mine, I have a ton of extra resistors) if you want. PM me your info. What year is your GM ECU? There were different OHM ratings depending on the year.

Wow serious? Thanks! I'll PM you my info.

It's a 2005 harness. Off the top of my head it's 40 ohms full 270 empty.

Thanks a lot that's very generous of you.

It's been awhile so I'm not 100% sure how I did it, but I am using the Jeep relay to run the fuel pump. I get my trigger from the GM PCM, I'm pretty sure I just brought that over as the ground on the relay. I could be wrong on how I did that, but I am using the Jeep relay without issues.

I grabbed the brown wire coming out of the C3 at the PCM. that's the fuel pump relay wire. The GM gives power though and the Jeep triggers on negative.

Back