• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In dash monitor?

rredalty

NAXJA Forum User
Is there any way to get a motorized in dash monitor into the dash of an XJ 96 or older? I have been looking at it and there still isn't enough clearance if the ac/ heat controls were relocated and the unit placed in that spot. I even went as far as to remove the lower vent and the heater core is nicely visable and approx 12" away from the opening. Please help me, don't make me give up on this.

what about the vent below the hvac controls? ditch it and put the monitor
there. wait, dont do that. put your stereo down low and the screen where the stereo goes.

Why not fabricate a custom fiberglass piece, and mount everything on it? Reinforce any mounting points with even little strips of wood glued to the fiberglass. You should be able to relocate the controls for the HVAC to the face of the fabricated piece, although this may create future issues in removing it.....

Just my $.02....

Back