• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5L33P3R's 95 Sport

5l33p3r

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys,

figured i'd start posting instead of lurking and kind of do a run down of my rig.

History:
Back in September 2015, i picked up a 1995 Sport. It was pretty vanilla and nothing really to write home about. It had 130,000 miles on the factory 4.0L, AW-4, NP242, D30 and C8.25. It had a few issues though; the transmission was horrible at figuring out which gear it wanted to be in 95% of the time and the driver's side upper door hinge was held on by maybe 1/4" of the original factory welds. That being said after a bit of cursing/burning/blood i got the door issue resolved as well as the transmission sorted out. With the problems resolved, it was time to move on to tinkering with the Jeep to make it suit my needs.

Build:
Started off by selling the 235/75-15's and factory wheels to a buddy and picked up a set of JK Rubicon take off's (255/70-17's with 17x7.5" alloys). I knew the new tires wouldn't fit without a little help, so fender flares were removed, front fenders trimmed, front inner fenders clearanced a bit and rear wheel wells cut/folded. I also installed a set of spidertrax adapters and 1.5" front poly spacers and 1.5" rear blocks :shiver: (blocks are just until i finish gathering the parts for the real suspension)

Then i picked up a new front bumper from Logan's Metal Products, called up Detour's and begged/pleaded for one of their tailbone's without the tire carrier, and finally realized that i was going to completely remove both factory front doors.

IMG_2615_zpsr0qtug2q.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After all that i decided to upgrade the factory lighting to LED's (since i'd actually like to see where i'm going). I had a pair of Trucklight 7" Round LED's and figured that i could make them work and not look completely out of place so my buddy Mike and i got after it one day and this is the result.

IMG_2690_zpspsbw88s7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2865_zpsioqf9org.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And, that's where it stands as of today. I have everything i need to redo the suspension on hand except for the IRO rear leaf springs which were ordered today. As soon as they come in, i'll pull all the factory suspension off and start installing the new stuff and should be at about 4" over stock.

After that is mounting the tube doors and getting into the front and rear axles.

i know it's not ROTM worthy or anything, but figured i'd post up what i got going.

Travis

Last edited:
Welcome! Looks good!

Going to come to Rides of March?

Unfortunately, you can't "save posts" on here. I can edit those posts for you though.

I hope to meet you at the taco meet. Even if you aren't finished, you should come out for ROM. I will have an empty seat.

finally got the last of the suspension bits delivered, now just need to find time to install everything.

BDS coils
BDS adjustable UCA
BDS fixed LCA
IRO front swaybar links
IRO trackbar
JK Rubicon "Red" shocks with Teraflex BPE (front and rear)
IRO leaf springs
IRO shackles
Tomken Machine extended stainless brake lines (front and rear)
Various misc. stuff and extended bumpstops

Impressive looking same for the house improvements too LOL. Looks like you did a lot of work from the first photos.

Really like what you've put together so far, I'm interested to see how it develops...

Back