• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RRC decision time:

DeftwillP

NAXJA Forum User
Do i still need a winch? I've used it maybe twice in the last 5 years.

Wanting to sell the tnt bumper of awesomeness and move to a stubby. I've always eyed the ors fab stubby bumper for mounting winch sans solenoid behind. Bumper alone would be $300 and that's without having front frame horns stiffened which I'm going to do regardless.

Recently, I stumbled upon "b lee offroad" stubby which doesn't offer winch mounting but is also closer, cheaper, and still has d ring mounts.

Am I such an amazing wheeler that I don't need a winch? Can that extra cash be better spent on designing custom softballs that actually do the job? Or even softballs for the rear?

Tell me what to do NAXJA. And buy my tnt bumper.

I like the b lee bumpers they look cleaner than the irs but it looks like they stick out about an inch more. What you could do is get the b lee with 2in reciever and mount your winch to a hitch plate and thrown it in the cargo area.
I also like that it looks like you do not have to cut out the front crossmember out with the b lee.
Also if you haven't seen, take a peak at moparmaniac"s mj with 440 build. I like his front crossmember.
If you are dumping you winch, is it a remote solenoid? Are you going to sell it?
Someone buy my bumper as well it is far superior in every way....

Will I would actually like to add a winch to my "Blue" would need new bumper too... please keep me posted.

We can talk Roger. Shoot me a pm or text if you're seriously interested in my bumper/winch.

I'm serious if / when you decide to switch. I can / could buy new winch not even sure what you have :( Just keep me in mind for first dibs.

You're first in line for dibs. It's the smittybilt xrc that everyone has. But this one has a synthetic rope on it....makes it significantly lighter and safer.
http://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-97281-XRC-8-000-Winch/dp/B001CF1Y0C
Don't know which rope it is....I bought the whole setup off of Mopheus here on rrc. The winch has worked 100% for me the few times I've used it....most recently you were the one running the switch at ROM.

TNT bumper:
https://www.tntcustoms.com/jeep_parts/xj_rock_runner_front_bumper_also_fits_mj
Damn thing cost $150 to ship from WY to TX.

Will, I have the same setup on my White jeep... just PM'd the winch new grease and cleaned it up BIG HELP... I also like the synthetic.

I was just saying if you wanted to keep winch for new setup just the bumper would be OK for me. I'll trade you a 100ft Ac extension cable on roll-up reel ;)

i havent needed a winch, or 4x4. its over rated..

Yeah, flexing out on the loading dock rarely calls for a winch.

Will, I have the same setup on my White jeep... just PM'd the winch new grease and cleaned it up BIG HELP... I also like the synthetic.

I was just saying if you wanted to keep winch for new setup just the bumper would be OK for me. I'll trade you a 100ft Ac extension cable on roll-up reel ;)

Sounds good Rog. I had wanted to go to a stubby and keep the winch originally. Looks like I'll be looking at the ors fab unit again. I could use an extension cord as well. Mine disappeared last time I went camping.

Yeah, we need to call the exterminator.....or get an exorcism or something.

woah, i remember a few jeeps breaking down and the unreliable rovers kept going....
:)

also i had my sway bars connected and the front member still in place, next trip rover will be trailered and disconnected for maximum offroading.

BTW we all need to re do bronco buster.

Back