• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Happy Birthday, babe!"

grrlpwr

NAXJA Forum User
Matt woke me up out of my sleep today and I reluctantly dragged myself outside to see who it was that was here to see me...

Special Delivery from Snap-On!!!

DSC_0579.jpg

Right to our doorstep!!!

DSC_0578.jpg

A brand spanking new toolbox! Scored a sweet new hat to match too :)

DSC_0585.jpg

If I hadn't been so doped up on Benadryl I would have cried :eye: Does my guy know how to spoil me or what?! Thanks, babe! :smootch::loveu: :kissyou:

:party::yelclap: :worship: party1: :laugh2: :clap: :party:

very nice :)

i was going to make so smart remark like "oh so you like tools? "

but ill keep it clean, oops

Awesome! Now if I could just find a lady friend that knows that I like Snap On tools... Oh wait, I had one. One your for my birthday she got me a gift card for them, it was awesome!

Way to go Matt! Looks like you did an awesome job! Tiff, now the new rule is as follows: every year for your birthday he must get you something new to add to that box... everytime you go to work on something, you'll think of the guy who cared enough to have the Snap On man pay you a personal visit.

Haha, somehow I don't think I'll have to wait a year, you know how addicting the Snap-On truck can be! I've already committed to memory the day and time it comes to Matt's shop just in case I need something in between home visits. :) In the mean time, I guess I'll be putting my tools to good use now that I can find them!

that's awesome Tiff!!!
really nice box... so you gonna add a chest or a locker on the side next???

My toolbox consists of a canvas bag that I keep tools in the Jeep. I have a small one for the house but it's overflowing.

that's awesome Tiff!!!
really nice box... so you gonna add a chest or a locker on the side next???

Yeah, but gotta fill this one up first - I had a toolbox about the size of the one Little Glenn won at the raffle and it was overflowing so bad I started putting everything that fell out into a plastic bin we had laying around and it was almost full too. So far I'm off to a good start on filling that sucker up - looks like I got the rest of my summer planned! :repair:

Just so many jokes to be had about Tiff's box. I'll refrain though. Happy Bday Tiff! Nice job Matt!

Damn, I tell you Matt I got this trail I want you to run. I'll be right behind you! It's called widowmaker hill! ;) Congrats Tiff!

Nice job Matt!!! Wish I had one too!!!

lucky...

good job matt!

NICE....hell of a lot better than my craftsman box!!

no shit, I have an 10 year old Kobalt that doesn't even come close to holding half my stuff.

So what you are saying is here Honey I bought you this tool box, however half my tools will go in it. ;)

So what you are saying is here Honey I bought you this tool box, however half my tools will go in it. ;)

LOL, half of his tools wouldn't fit in my toolbox even without ANY of my tools in it!

Here's the story behind the toolbox...

I've been joking with him about getting a LOCKING toolbox for years because until now, whenever I needed certain tools of mine I would always have to go hunt through his stuff to find them where he had used something and never put it back - usually my ratchet wrenches or pry bars. I definitely don't mind him using them (since I've been in school he's gotten more use out of them than I have and he always shares his tools with me), I just like to be able to find them EASILY when I need them.

I'm hoping now that I have this kick-ass, organized toolbox that he'll be better about putting stuff back... but if he isn't then :lock::lock::lock: ! :gag: :shocked:
I really thought it was sweet of him to get it for me knowing that I could keep my tools locked up tight - oooh, and did I mention he got me a welding helmet and gloves for my birthday too (and took me to Joe's Crab Shack!)?

I'm thinking that despite my crazy schedule I'm going to find the time to "play Jeep" with him until my final semester of pre-reqs starts, and then again after I graduate until I start nursing school! Heck, he's been so good to me I'm seriously considering using my first nursing paycheck to put a downpayment on a garage with a lift in it, then we can play Jeep together all the time! :greensmok

This was the best birthday I've EVER had! Thanks honey! :heart:

You build us a garage and we wouldn't need to worry about renting the church to get married...

That would be perfect, just need to set it on a bunch of land so we can fit all our 4-wheelin' buddies and their rigs in for the ceremony!:yelclap:

Back