• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC Trail of Tears, Feb 23-25

So James went back to work doing 6 10s so we can't build on Saturday. So I might come after all. I have to see if I can get my 4wd linkage fixed. And just bundle up.

I have a group of 5-6 first-time crawlers coming from down here who are going to run blues all day Saturday. I may end up guiding them to keep an eye on them and trail fixes.

There are enough for another separate group of blacks.

AOAA has serious red trails as well if any of the buggy guys want to come out

All are welcome, PM or post here if you need more info

It can be whatever you want. Some will come up for the day, some will stay over a night or two.

I'm coming up for the day. And actually, I might be on four wheelers with my kids instead of in the XJ. They've been begging to ride at AOAA. Depends on the weather though.

You know, I might just come out for Saturday and join you guys - I haven't even been in the XJ since September, and I think I'm getting the urge to saddle up and start feeling out how the truck handles with the nose another 1.5 or so inches higher (bit of a story to that, I thought it was just going to be new coils and an ACOS adjustment and it kinda spiraled more than a bit).

I'm starting to look for a place to stay on Friday night (2 and a half hours is too far for a day trip), the Hampton near the Twin Grove campground is, according to Google, about an hour's drive from AOAA. There's one in Danville that's a little closer, but is there anyplace closer than those two that's decent? Someone mentioned a "dive" of a hotel closer, but that doesn't sound like my speed of accomodations...

Ok, I'm in. Just snapped up a room for Friday night.

How's Saturday morning going to work? Convoy up, or just "meet there at x:xx"?

I can do "Lobby at 0730", no problem.

Question about the "permit", since you've been there before: they say it's supposed to be on the LF fender for us - is it just a paper sticker like at RC? If so, I really don't want to stick that on the paint, think it'll be OK on the bottom left corner of the windshield?

Was gonna come and ride four wheelers with the kids .... not now with the all day rain forecast.

So you're bringing the XJ then? :D

Just looked at the hourly for tomorrow, all very small amounts (<0.05 inch) showing for tomorrow afternoon, doesn't sound too bad for an enclosed vehicle.

Got home a little while ago. Had a great time.

Looking forward to seeing them. Was good to get out and wheel, even if I didn't have much ability to use the heat in the truck.

Got my blower motor and resistor pack ordered yesterday, so that won't be a problem for much longer...

Some of my favorite pics

Saturday on greens and blues with a side of blacks

20180224_Line.jpg

20180224_Polaris.jpg

Fern_Ridge_Jon.jpg

20180224_Fern_Ridge_Eric_2b.png

Sunday on blues and blacks

20180224_Barney_Rubble.jpg

20180224_Unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Back