• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock lengths after SYE

Motod6

NAXJA Forum User
Searched but couldn't find what I was looking for. Ok SYE installed, pinion angle correctly pointing at Tcase. Now the shock mount angles are changed. Driver side is down, passenger up. About 2" difference.

Obvious answer. Relocate mounts correctly. This fix will
happen later.

Any tricks for a temp fix? I have longer shocks that need to go on but on the short side I lose too much up travel

No temp fix necessary. I doubt you will notice anything with the slight difference in the axle side shock stud angle after the pinion adjustment. It's been 8 years since my lift bumped up to 5.5" inches and I keep forgetting to move the shock mounts. This has not been an issue I have noticed all the times I have been to Moab.

Just make sure there is enough bumpstop to prevent shock damage.

Just make sure there is enough bumpstop to prevent shock damage.

This. Measure your collapsed length, which new shocks are compressed for shipping, then go stuff your corners with the shocks out and measure there. I use a forklift, but a creative eye can find something to flex on.

It's worth the strange looks you'll get.

Back