• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sagging Rear Rough Country 3"

motroutmo

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 with a 3" rough country lift. Bought it that way 3 months ago. Back end was up tight and high.

1 month ago I loaded her down with a few dogs, camping gear and pulled a small (8'x4') trailer on 2 hour short fishin/wheelin trip. Got back and after unloading, I noticed my rear was sagging noticeably (not my butt ok).

What is the easiest and cheapest route to correct this on the short term. I plan to upgrade to a 4.5" lift next year when I have the funds. Right now I'm just trying to get by for under $100 or so. Otherwise, wifey will shoot me.

Should I go with a shackle or leaf?

thanks in advance.

motroutmo

+++ It's a cherokee thing... Chrysler doesn't understand +++

A long AAL or longer shackle would both suffice. If your springs are already sagging, a lift shackle would make it sag more. They're better for good springs not stocks. So a long AAL would be your cheapest quick fix or even making a bastard pack from a dakota. Just my .02....

well i have added a 2in shackle to mine and i had the exact same problem.
RE 3.5 AAL after about a month it was squating like a dog. the shackle
brought it back to looking just right

need4speedjp said:
well i have added a 2in shackle to mine and i had the exact same problem.
RE 3.5 AAL after about a month it was squating like a dog. the shackle
brought it back to looking just right

Was that the full length AAL?

I say wait till next year and get the 4.5 leafs you want. Or dont wait till next year and get them sooner. You can always re-sale your old lift get some money back.

Back