• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tachometer on XJ with Megasquirt?

88JeepXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I have a '95 sport without factory tach. We are going to run megasquirt and we'd like a tach. Any ideas? Can I get any tach or something specific?

You can get a factory gauge cluster with the tach. All you have to do it change the oil pressure and engine temp sending units and it will all work together.

I have been wanting to use megasquirt on my stroker for a while, just no time. I was going to use the factory cluster.

When you get it running a full writeup would be appreciated, especially with your solutions for the ignition sensing and timing, as well as fuel table is you are generous enough to provide them. Lots of details.

Depending on the ignition system you use, you can get tach signal from the power wire on the coil. Are you going to run coil packs or distributor? If distributor it is easy. I have a '92 B2200 with MS2, using EDIS4 Ignition module I had to go to the local electronics store and get 2 zener diodes and another diode to convert the tach signal from both wasted spark coil packs so my tach signal wasn't 1/2 what it supposed to be. I think i have a few extra 91-96 Clusters with tachs if you're interested.
But yeah, if you want to run the factory tach with MS you just need to find the tach signal wire... Positive wire ignition coil.
-Eric

Once I get my learn on with Megasquirt I'll be sure to post up for you guys. It will be running within 5 weeks. It WILL be running! :)

I'd love to take you up on one of those clusters...I hope you can sell them cheap, this whole truck needs to cost under $2000! ;) I'll PM you. Thanks guys

If your running the MS2-Extra code there is a tacho output option.

Back