• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trouble Shooting 2000 Cherokee Liftgate Actuator Motor

oldbill

NAXJA Forum User
The electric lock on my 2000 Cherokee Liftgate stopped working. There is an orange-black stripe wire and a pink-black-stripe wire going to the lock actuator. I'm not getting any reading off of the orange/black stripe wire, but I am getting a positive 12 volt reading off of the pinl/black stripe wire for both the lock and unlock feature. What am I missing, something just dosen't add up. Does any one have a simplified wiring diagram of the liftgate actuator motor for the lock?
Thanks for any and all help.
Bill

wiring diagram doesn't show any more than you already know -- pink/black and orange/black -- the switch reverses the polarity of the wires -- the lift gate wiring is wired together with all the other doors except the passenger front door -- Passenger front door switch is the master switch -- all others are slave switches that just ask the master to work the locks

If all your other doors work then you have some broken, damaged wires going to the lift gate -- I would look at the wiring at the hinge point -- pull back the boot -- I'd bet your orange black is completely broken and the pink black is scuffed and making contact with the hot side of the orange black

Trouble shooting it? I'd recommend a sawed off double barrel 12 gauge.

Troubleshooting I'd recommend the previous post.

I'll show myself out.

I'll show myself out.

Indeed, you should.

You have left far too much open to interpretation.

You know bird shot isn't going to cut it, even at close range. This is a job for slugs. I doubt even 0000 buckshot would provide a clean kill.

Personally, I would go for a belted magnum.

I'll show myself out.

Indeed, you should.

You have left far too much open to interpretation.

You know bird shot isn't going to cut it, even at close range. This is a job for slugs. I doubt even 0000 buckshot would provide a clean kill.

Personally, I would go for a belted magnum.

Shame on both of you. Five minute time-outs for the two a ya's

As for the OP: X2 on the tailgate flex area

Back