• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Driveshaft question.

vegeta

NAXJA Forum User
I need a new drive shaft and I was wondering if I can get some opinions. I've got an 86 pioneer with a swapped in 3.4, stock tranny and transfercase with about 6.5 lift. My original gkn was in excellent shape but I know it can't handle much lift. Of all the crap I've collected over the years I happen to have a front stock shaft out of a 88 4.3 auto blazer. I would like to have it shortened and use it but I'm not sure it'll work. For one thing it just has a regular u joint yoke at the transfercase end and not a double cardan. I switched the gkn style yoke off the case and swapped it with the chevys standard yoke. The other think is the slip in the shaft doesn't allow much travel, only about 2" or so. Can this shaft be made to work or should I just start hunting? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back