• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how the heck does the hood latch hardware mount up to the hood?

jmg222

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
just got my truck back from the body shop, they had problems with the hood clearing the motor, so they put hood pins in instead, and removed all the hardware.

No issues with what they did, but I was able to work the hood so it can clear, so I want to reinstall the hood latches. Anyway have a schematic, or pictures they can post? There's literally nothing under the hood, and I'm not even sure I have all the hardware still. Any pics or help appreciated.

I would personally stick with some quality hood pins.

I would personally stick with some quality hood pins.

I have some, but the hood doesn't line up properly.

Can someone just post some pics of under the hood, so I can see how the hardware mounts? Pretty sure I'm missing a few bits.

Not knowing what your body shop might have removed, I just took pics of the entire underhood latch setup...

Also, I'm hitting up a wrecking yard tomorrow if you want me to grab anything for this. Just part reimbursement and shipping.

hood1.jpg

hood2.jpg

hood3.jpg

hood4.jpg

hood5.jpg

hood6.jpg

hood7.jpg

hood8.jpg

hood9.jpg

hood10.jpg

ok.. I see the issue now. There are no holes in the front of my hood for the side lathes to go into... I have no idea how they should attach.

ok.. I see the issue now. There are no holes in the front of my hood for the side lathes to go into... I have no idea how they should attach.

If you'd like I can pull mine tomorrow and take pics of the holes and the latch portions that go into them.

Back