• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slush mats for 2000 XJ

cal

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I've recently stepped up from my 6th Renix XJ to a 2000, and with that gone from knowing more or less everything there is to know about the car to knowing more or less nothing about the car. ;)

I'm looking for slush mats. There seems to be a lot out there with huge price swings, and bad reviews on everything.

What have you guys found fit well in late models? I want something thick and heavy with high sides. Need to have front and back seat floor mats, I don't care as much about the cargo space but that would be nice.

I bought the Weathertech #462661 for my '98, which is just for the front. I settled on these because the driver's side mat links up with the OEM tab on the floor to keep the mat in place. The fit is great overall, but I had to trim 1/4" off the front lip of the driver side because it *just slightly* hung up on the clutch pedal when fully depressed.

I like them enough to get the matching back seat mat. Eventually. It's not like I ever sit back there...

Those were the first thing I looked at, but they just look flimsy in the pictures?

462661.jpg

Do you find they fit the tunnel and kick panel nicely?

The Qaudratec.com brand floor mats fit and work well.

I have the Rugged Ridge mats in my '96. I think the floor is probably the same, unless there is something more to the picture than the mounting of the seats which changed in '95.

I can tell you that the Rugged Ridge mats do not stay put particularly well. I solved that problem with my fire extinguisher mount, but it now means that I have to pull three nuts before I can remove the driver's side mat:

96XJFireExtMount5OPT.jpg

I can also tell you that they are slick when wet. As in like to pull a groin muscle when stepping in with a wet foot.

They do at least trap a lot of crud, but a better product could certainly be made.

I'm running the husky liners in my 01. Fit great.

Husky liners here too have had them 8 years and still great.

I am running the Rugged Ridge mats in my '00. $154 shipped and then got a $10 rebate. So $144. Front, back, and cargo. I like them and was glad I broke down and spent the money. Would not have minded buying the Weathertechs but that would have been about $260 and for a, at the time, 13 year old vehicle that was a tough sell.

I have the husky liners too. So far I like them pretty well. The nice thing about them is the don't move, the little spikes on the back of the mats seem to be longer and sharper than oem mats which holds them in place really well

I'm running Quadratec's which are the same as Rugged Ridge. The drivers side floormat shifts forward about 1" which doesn't bother me or make any mess. I'd get them again.

I'm running Quadratec's which are the same as Rugged Ridge. The drivers side floormat shifts forward about 1" which doesn't bother me or make any mess. I'd get them again.

Older Jeep with no hook there? Or just broken? My '00 still had the hook. Stay in place nice.

Cal, I got weathertechs in my jeep. Not flimsy at all. Worked fantastic for 3 years and clean up great still.

This. When I was in PA the last 6 weeks through the blizzard I could climb in with snow on my boots and pants up to my knee. It would melt while driving and I could take the mat out and dump the water. Works the same for sand, mud, etc.

revisiting this.

I ended up going with the husky 'cut to fit' semi universal heavy duty mats.

I ended up not having to cut them at all, and you can't tell they weren't form fit in my floor.

IMG_20170217_191249757_zpsn72qp2ba.jpg

IMG_20170217_191324704_zpsl37n0va0.jpg

Husky 51081. Could not be happier. Ordered the back seat ones today.

Sadly they don't make this line for the cargo space, but I think I want something that will fold up along the back of the back seat, and lay down with it when I put the back down.

I've ran the molded Husky Liners front and rear in my 01 for the last 16 years. I wish I could get them for the MJ.

I had WeatherTech floor mats in the WK and am sold on them. They are very sturdy and a perfect fit. They are extremely easy to clean since there are no deep valleys like normal slush mats. I will be picking up a set for the XJ in the near future.

I've ran the molded Husky Liners front and rear in my 01 for the last 16 years. I wish I could get them for the MJ.

Why wouldn't the front ones fit the MJ? I was under the impression the floor was the same from the seats forward.

I've recently stepped up from my 6th Renix XJ to a 2000, and with that gone from knowing more or less everything there is to know about the car to knowing more or less nothing about the car. ;)

I'm looking for slush mats. There seems to be a lot out there with huge price swings, and bad reviews on everything.

revisiting this.

I ended up going with the Husky 51081. Could not be happier. Ordered the back seat ones today.

Sadly they don't make this line for the cargo space, but I think I want something that will fold up along the back of the back seat, and lay down with it when I put the back down.

So cal, It sounds like you had the Renix floor mats figured out. What was your "go-to" mat for the XJ?

I know the floors are slightly different but I'm looking to get a set of mats for my MJ.

Once you get this jeep and StinkyFab's shop truck together (or another MJ) I would be interested in seeing how these husky liners fit/look in the MJ floor.

Back