• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bump Stop Removal for Coil Spacers?

Whiskey Jack

NAXJA Forum User
I've done a search, but I couldn't find anything that specifically answered my question. We put the Rusty's 3" kit on 2 weeks ago, and the back end was way higher than the front, so we ordered some Daystar 2" coil spacers. When we went to put them on today, we cant seem to get the front bump stops off, and therefore we can't get the bump stop mounting cups off to put the spacers on. Do the stops pull off or screw off? The Jeep is an 89 XJ, D30 front, and the bumpstops (and everything else) appears to be OE. Thanks for any help

Older model XJ bump stops unscrew. Later model XJ bumpstops simply pull off with some wigglin/rockin motion....

Ivan

Should just the bumpstop (rubber part) unscrew, or the whole mounting cup (metal part)? There's no way the spacer is going to slip over the stuff, the hole in the spacer is much too small.

I tried twist it with chanel locks and "wiggling" it around but it still won't budge. I also tried greasing the spacer and the metal part and forcing it over but it won't go over. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

on mine they unscrewed except for the fact the drivers side was also welded

Back