• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear wiper blade position trouble

Da-heep

NAXJA Forum User
could not find an answer for this anywhere.

99 xj sport

the rear window wiper blade assembly is in the wrong position, who ever i bought it from, after repairing the motor put the arm standing straight up. this is the "resting position" which should be sitting at the bottom passenger side of back window.

my question is how do i reset the arm position so that it will rest as it should and not as if my jeep has a hard on all the time.

Remove the lock nut, remove the wiper arm assembly, properly orient the wiper arm assembly, replace the locknut. Should take about 4 minutes including time to find the crescent wrench.

I removed the locknut, should the wiper arm assembly just pull free afterwards?

One would think so, but because no one ever uses anti-seize or marine grease on those, no.

There is a tool for removing them--like a mini-pickle fork or the tool for removing window crank handles.

You can:

1. Protect the body and paint.

2. Use a lever and fulcrum to lift the arm--piece of wood and a flat-blade screwdriver.

3. Use something to tap around the outside edge of the attachment point while you pull on the wiper arm.

4. Heat the arm at the attachment point--SEE number 1 above.

Good luck.

EDIT: the tool doesn't look like a pickle fork or the window crank tool, I'm getting old. http://www.teamgrandwagoneer.com/cgi-bin/partsSQL/search.cgi?query=rear+wiper&catid=95

Last edited:
Back