• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 Wagoneer at the junkers

xCWolf

Bring the Boom
NAXJA Member
Found a 1990 Wagoneer at the junkyard today. Didn't have enough time to check out the car but DID snap a pic of the VIN. I understand there are two different rear axles on this model and I'm having trouble finding out any info on the VIN. Anyone know how/if I can look up axle type based on VIN?

I don't think so, typically you have to check the tag on the axle, or look for the numbers stamped into the axle tube if the tag is gone. Best bet is to familiarize yourself with what the two different axles look like and just go back to see what's under there. The tag on the housing won't just say what axle it is either, you'll have to look up the number (bill of materials) to figure out what model it is.

Thats a shame. I stopped real quick to find a headlight bezel abd saw the waggy on the way out after spending too much time there already hopefully its still there next time I go

hopefully its still there next time I go
That is the thrill of the hunt! :)

http://naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=246220946&postcount=97

002_1.jpg

001_1.jpg

003_1.jpg

FWIW, the Waggys seem to be good candidates for the upgraded rear axles.

Back