• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Artec D30 XJ Truss

Does anyone know if an OE bushing would fit in the Artec passenger upper bushing bracket insetead of using a JJ?

They have an option for either a JJ or a bushing. Or neither if you want to use your own setup like I did

If you look at the pics on artec's site, one shows how the stock mount can be cut and used on the truss, which would retain the stock bushing. It's also discussed in the installation instructions.

Last edited:
I know that's an option but I would rather not cut the truss around the stock mount, I want to use thier 1/4 bracket that keys to the truss.

It looks like they want you to cut the top off the stock mount and remove the rest, then weld that to the top of the truss, using the key holes as reference points.

It looks like they want you to cut the top off the stock mount and remove the rest, then weld that to the top of the truss, using the key holes as reference points.

Ahhhhh, that's making more sense... IDK what I was thinking. I guess that should work.

The bracket tabs are only another 10 bucks so I'm going to get them as well to see if I can figure out a sleeve solution because I would really like to utilize their 1/4 brackets if possible.

get the bracket tabs and some DOM. You can add bushings to it. The only reason I did this on mine was I had the bushing walking on the drivers side mount. The JJ fixed it and now the JJ is on my work bench having been replaced by an RK build a joint when I did my 3 link.

I'm sorry you don't know what the **** you are talking about.
I know this is an old thread but I found it debating this very question...

Artec's instructions for both the TJ 8.8 truss/bracket kit and the JK front truss say to stitch weld. The 30 front truss might be different but I doubt it.

hows the oil pan clearance with this truss? im only running about 3.5" lift with maybe 1-2" of bumpstop and am wondering if i would be sending the truss straight into my oil pan lol

You need about 3" of clearance between the oil pan and axle tube.

Quick dumb question, looking at getting the artec truss and was just curious about the mounts, i plan to get the iro critical path la kit and wasnt sure if i should get the daystar bushing mounts or just cut and reuse my stock ones? I know iro camber adjustment bracket is going to kill babies and the 10mm bolt will take my sisters virginity but im not asking what la kit to get.

Quick dumb question, looking at getting the artec truss and was just curious about the mounts, i plan to get the iro critical path la kit and wasnt sure if i should get the daystar bushing mounts or just cut and reuse my stock ones?

I cut and reused my old mount. Just connect/close up the front of the old mount with some sheet metal to keep it nice and sturdy. Pop a new bushing in and it should hold up fine.

Sweet just ordered it and ruffstuff emailed me 2 min later saying my diff cover just got shipped, the axle gods are finally smiling on me

Back