• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01' XJ AC Condenser to Radiator L-shaped mounting brakcets

alheim

NAXJA Forum User
Hey folks, long time Jeeper, first time posting here.

I'm in the midst of an accessory & timing belt overhaul on my '01 with 197k on the original motor, original head. I am replacing the cooling system, timing cover gasket & front seal, maybe the timing chain if it's worn, and the alternator.

Anyway, the top of the AC condenser mounts directly to the radiator's top mounting cushions via flat L-shaped mounting brackets. I accidentally tossed mine, they are deep in a New York City landfill at this point.

I can't find replacements. Guessing I'll have to fabricate something. They didn't come with my new radiator. Thoughts?

Junk yard would be the easiest!

I might have a set on my 97 parts jeep -- I'll have to check and see if they are the same as my 2000 which should be the same as your 01

I should be able to check it tomorrow (Sunday)

I might have a set on my 97 parts jeep -- I'll have to check and see if they are the same as my 2000 which should be the same as your 01

I should be able to check it tomorrow (Sunday)

Thanks @Heavyopp let me know, that would make my life easier.

@RCP Phx there are not many junkyards in NYC! I could find one but it would take most of my day. No pick n' pulls as far as I know

For the life of me I can not locate these brackets, can't even find a photo of them. It's almost a matter of principal at this point!

The brackets hold the top if the AC condenser to the top of the radiator's cushioned mounts (circled in red in photo below).

OfHg71n.jpg

The 2001 parts catalog shows it as PN 56002231 however this part is discontinued / no longer available. See Part N. 11 in this Figure 024-250:

B7WZqs3.png

Additionally, the L-shaped clips that I had didn't look like the part depicted above. Did I have an aftermarket condenser or jury-rigged setup? Any ideas?

Edit: I am starting to think that mine were an improvised solution. I can recreate them.

Last edited:
On the factory/dealer radiators the condenser mounts are typically integrated, not separate brackets. I'm surprised they even have a bracket in the parts catalog.

Back