• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 truss vs sleeve

Heating where you want it to bend is helpful too. Do you have some unicorn of a rear axle that getting a replacement to build up and swap in when ready is not an option? Sounds like you're just getting started so it may be easier that way.

believe it or not... you can get metal to move miles with heat and compressed air. blasting it in the right spot after heating the right spot
causes rapid cooling, and pulls the metal. water works too. ive straitened different kinds of shafts this way. its quite impressive. no pulling needed.

but i agree. simply replacing the axle would be the way to go.

Just a shaved 8.25 with a spartan locker. But I stripped it all and did POR30 to make cleanup easy for the rest of its days. It just causes a little tire feathering on the drivers side. No real down side. At about 3000 miles a year I can prolly just live with it. I have had no ill effects in 2+ years

believe it or not... you can get metal to move miles with heat and compressed air. blasting it in the right spot after heating the right spot
causes rapid cooling, and pulls the metal. water works too. ive straitened different kinds of shafts this way. its quite impressive. no pulling needed.

but i agree. simply replacing the axle would be the way to go.

I'm about to heat and then throw a bucket of cold water on a dent on my motorcycle gas tank in the hopes it pops the dent out. Either that or explosion :).

Back