• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please I need some feed back

98_XJ_Classic

NAXJA Forum User
Okay I know that if given the choice anyone would take an RE lift over and RC lift, but I was just wondering is their anything wrong with the RC lift? I want a 3" or 3.5" lift to put on my DD it will see medium to little trail action and when it is on the trail it wont be super difficult.

it's all a matter of you get what you pay for. There is absolutely nothing wrong with RC lifts. They do their job. Are they rough riding, yes. Are they the best quality, no. Are they the flexiest, no. Are they good all around lifts, yes.

I personally run a RE 3.5" superflex lift and it is great and was very reasonably priced at $400 for the quality and completeness. I know several people who run RC lifts and they're fine.

The one thing to watch out for is that they tend to not be as complete as other lifts. For example, a friend just recently ordered a RC 4" lift for his YJ and it took him a full week to install it b/c of missing parts he didn't know he needed, RC sent him a bad ubolt, etc. My RE lift took all of 3-4 hours to install and was complete.

RC does have a bad rap from several years ago of less than quality products. I think that has all changed. I have been pleased with my Rc products. Mine rode better than stock IMO. No matter which brand you choose, get the full leaf pak. NO add-leafs.

BTW: jeepster what lift and tire combo are you runnin?

I'll let you know about the RC 3 inch lift in about 10 days. I am installing it in 8 days and will have a report. I got the 3" lift that include full leafs, lower control arms and 9000 shocks.

RC has hands down the best customer service in the 4x4 community. They had some sketchy products, they are making them better.

All around I give them a thumbs up. If they made any products I could use, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

:)

two things about the rc stuff... its not AS-GOOD as re or claytons, but its not terrible, only their shocks
are terrible.
and they ARE terrible, i dont give a shi1 what they offer as replacements, they still knowingly mailed out shitty shocks in the first place, warranty means nothing if they dont care about quality.
that being said, a cheap rc kit sure beats a peiced-together booty-fab lift kit.

I've got the re 3.5 superflex on my 95 and it flexs better than my buddies with the rc 6 in with a shit tone of trimming. If you do go with the re get the full spring packs you won't regret it.

I have a RC 3" a 1 3/4 " spacer ( to level it out) up front and a AAL in rear and shocks all the way around. yes it it more stiff than the stock ride but my rig has 120000 on the clock and the biongers were shot and it rode like an old chrysler. is it a bad ride now? no it is way easier to control on rub board roads and feels in my view like a Jeep should. Its been a couple o months on the lift and it hasnt sagged yet but it is not as stiff as when new. before the rub board roads would transfer into the cab and the dash would shake now it stays in the suspension like it should. so far im happy with it other than the vibes over 65mph. I need a SYE or xfer case drop. hope this helps

Back