• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a few questions answered.

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
So since I have never been over to Naches I want to make sure I am well prepared, so here are a few questions I have.

What is the water situation over there? I know we will not be in a campground per say and a river is close, but what about drinking water and bathrooms? Approx dist from our meadow campsite to them would be helpful.

How far away is the store/ gas? I was told there is a gas station and mini market pretty close but how close?

I think that is all for now.

-Alex

Ba-Riedo said:
What is the water situation over there? I know we will not be in a campground per say and a river is close, but what about drinking water and bathrooms? Approx dist from our meadow campsite to them would be helpful.
Plan on being self sufficient on water. I honestly can't remember if there is water available.

There are two pretty decent pit toilets, but make sure to bring TP.

Ba-Riedo said:
How far away is the store/ gas? I was told there is a gas station and mini market pretty close but how close?
Whistlin' Jacks is probably 15 minutes away and has a very well stocked mini-mart, grill and ice cream parlor. Gas is available, but is 25% more than over here.

A lot of folks will go down there for a breakfast burrito and coffee, and there's a really good breakfast joint another 10 minutes from Jack's. I'm sure a bunch of us will be down there at least once for breakfast...it's traditional.

For all intents and purposes those are the only outposts of civilization within reasonable distance, so it they don't have it make sure to pack it in.

-----Matt-----

The vault toilet is within 50 yards of where we're camping. The river is very close as well. I THOUGHT at one point there was running water nearby, but now I can't remember.

I plan on topping off for fuel on the way back from each run so I'm ready to go in the AM.

J

Figured I'd go ahead and just ask in this thread rather then make my own. So, am trying to make it out this weekend but have a couple things I need to finish up first. If I'm able to get them done I will probably head out first thing Saturday morning. Anybody know how the runs are usually coordinated and what time most will be heading out Saturday? Thanks...

Avanteone said:
The vault toilet is within 50 yards of where we're camping. The river is very close as well. I THOUGHT at one point there was running water nearby, but now I can't remember.

I plan on topping off for fuel on the way back from each run so I'm ready to go in the AM.

J

Thanks John, I plan on just bringing alot of water and bringing my water fiter from when I backpacked as a backup.

Or just borrowing some wfrom you cool RV guys.:shhh:

-Alex

Avanteone said:

J

Thanks John, I plan on just bringing alot of water and bringing my water fiter from when I backpacked as a backup.

Or just borrowing some water from you cool RV guys.:shhh:

-Alex

northwestxj said:
Anybody know how the runs are usually coordinated and what time most will be heading out Saturday? Thanks...
The usual time for the first runs are between 0900 and 1000. Some groups will head back for lunch, some will stay on the trail. No matter what there should be a group for you to catch up with.

See ya there!

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
The usual time for the first runs are between 0900 and 1000. Some groups will head back for lunch, some will stay on the trail. No matter what there should be a group for you to catch up with.

See ya there!

-----Matt-----
+ like 2 hours for the guys who:cheers: the night before.

So as far as a lunch goes, its sorta 50/50 for cooking or bringing some snacks?

I'm trying to deside if I want to just cook some dawgs, or bring something to eat (no cooking) for lunch. And for breakfast I figure I'll throw some SPAM on the grill :). Dinner...well that's up in the air, maybe a steak or hamburgers.

I always bring "cooler/brown bag" lunches, stuff that can be carried and eaten on the trail without any prep work. Breakfast and dinner are up to you, most folks will cook those meals. If you want to bring a small propane BBQ and cook lunch on the trail, there's usually time to do so, but it's up to you if you want to put forth the effort.

Golly gee willikers my XJ is getting jammed full of stuff as I prepare for morning departure.

Alright sounds good fubar...I suppose I'll just get together some decent food for lunch. I was eating some peanut butter and crackers today and it hit me that would probably be a good snack out on the trail, so I'll try that out too.

Back