• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camping - Moab KOA

We picked the KOA to have a nicer place to camp, nicer cabins, availability of cabins, tents, or RV sites...and they allow campfires. Many Moab campgrounds don’t allow campfires anymore.

mac ‘KOA reward members save money too’ gyvr

Got our spot reserved for the week, saved more than the reward card renewal cost

Booked my cabin

we are researching. i was surprised to see the price of the camp site. out here(you know) no electric/no water typically about 5/10 bucks a night.

for us it will include. buying a trailer. getting the days off. getting the jeep ready. and figuring out the kids.

are you bringing the kids? are you bringing them on the trails?

ill have more questions. we may want to start a MOAB newbie thread. i think i will go do that.

We are bringing the kids (5&8). We were able to reserve a tent site with electric for only a few bucks more a night at the KOA.

Hope this helps.

Just made my reservation at KOA (cabin). I put "NAXJA event" in the 'special request' box.
Can't wait! Is it October yet?
Thanks for putting this together

I'm going to attempt to call the KOA today to see how things are going with getting the group as close together as possible.

mac 'keep posting your reservations or PM me' gyvr

Everyone that has posted in this thread that they made a reservation or PM'd me has a campsite/cabin reserved. I went through the list with them today.

Keep letting me know so I can keep a list.

If you reserve via the internet, put something about our NAXJA event in the comments section.

If you call talk to Pam (nice lady on the phone) during the day or Gary in the evenings, they both know about our event and will try to keep us grouped together.

Our event is also listed here: http://discovermoab.com/calendar.htm and the campground is aware of that site if you get someone not familiar or confused about NAXJA.

As mentioned previously call the Moab local number for the campground so you don't accidentally get some corporate joe. 435-241-7890

We will be putting more information together in the near future, but get those reservations in.

mac 'excited for Moab!' gyvr

I have one of the small RV/tent sites suitable for small trailer of tent. Not concerned particularly if I am camped away from everyone else.

nice

mac 'can't wait to meet you' gyvr

I'm booked at the KOA Oct 9-15, they do have a 10% military discount

There should be a reservation for Thurs-Sat night in one of the cabins, under Arna Vartuk - she can't leave San Diego til Weds, and we're taking her Amigo... I may have to name her rig the "Amicognito", since no one will know I'm in it, they always look for my white 98 2-door.

I'm booked 8-13, small RV/ tent site.

booked 7th - 10th

Been in contact with the campground. If you call, try to call in the evenings (1-9 Moab time) and talk to Gary. He knows what's going on with our group and his days off are Tuesday/Wednesdays. You can keep making reservations online and putting NAXJA group in the notes.

One Monday I will be calling Gary to confirm notes with him on who has contacted me and who has put notes in the comments field so that he can do his best to put our group together.

That said, please make sure to contact me or keeping posting in this thread that you have reserved a site.

If you reserve a site under a name that doesn't match your user name from the roster, please either post the name in this thread or PM me the name. If you are not a paid member on the roster, please PM me your name so that I can make sure you are with us.

If there is a Greg S###### that has reserved a site at the KOA can you or someone that might know you PM me your user name and confirm you are with NAXJA.
ATC1128 can you PM me your real name.

Thank you, I'm doing my best to keep us together as much as possible by communicating with the campground.

mac 'getting closer' gyvr

Hello all. Booked my campsite awhile back under Bandon Quintanar. So far I'm going solo. If anyone has issues reserving a spot, I will share mine. I have a truck with rtt but plenty room to pitch a tent. I will be calling next week to reconfirm my reservation.

Back