• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For Sale: 0630 Head

wilsmick

NAXJA Member #955
NAXJA Member
I have a partially rebuilt 0630 head - $150
Here's what's been done to it:

1) I brought it straight from the yard to the machinist and had it checked for flatness and cracks. Flatness spec is .001" per 1", .002" per 6" and .008" Max per total length. It checked out fine, so I didn't have any work done. I also had the machinist and a friend look at the seats for me. They both agreed that they looked good and it didn't need a valve job. They also both suggested I lapp the seats as long as I was there though.

2) I cleaned the valves with seafoam and lapped them.

3) New valve stem seals installed when reassembling.

I was planning to replace my cracked 0331 head with this one, but then I found out the bottom half of my engine was toast too. After that I found a complete '99 engine for $200 and threw that in. I decided not to work on (or replace) the head on that engine based on some advice from friends that it was better not to work on it unless it actually needed it. I'v been sitting on the rebuilt one in case it turned out that the other one needed work. Everything worked out fine with it though and now I'm sitting on a perfectly good 0630 head.
My total cost on this was roughly $150. I will let go for what my cost was, unless you would like to pay me extra because I did such a kick-ass job with my lapping. I'll leave that to your discretion though.

sorry, I forgot to close the thread.
I actually just shipped it yesterday though.
-Mike

Back