• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axles- d44

depends how much you wana spend. New ones are nice but way out of most peoples price range. Find an old waggy n part it out, you could buy 2 or 3 of them for the price of new complete axles

IF you get a waggy get one that is 81 or newer so the drop will be on the drivers side (83-84 are vacuum actuated). Keep an eye on ebay I have bought two waggys on there one for $68 and one for $158, part out the rest right back on ebay and you will make money in the long run.

well - maybe

if you think about it...

here is what i spent on my front axle and there is VERY little labor on there...

www.opiebennett.com/images/Jeep/Front-axle-swap/Front Axle Swap.xls

total came out to 1112.45 - and that doesnt include all the new tools i bought, electricity, wleding rod/wire, all the machine shop time that i put in, or any shipping or tax...

though - i did go and get all new parts - an axle off a running FSJ would fare far better in cost than my 30 year old parts yard unit - that i replaced EVERYTHING on.

I still have to re-gear, (install kit, bearings, seals, and new pinion yoke)

i dont have chromo shafts

i dont have nice hubs - im running the stock ford WARN's

and no hi-steer...

just something to think about

it is more than just the cost of the axle its self...

XJ_ranger: I noticed you used a 1976 F-150 D44 , I thought the 1976 had cast mounts and was alot harder to deal with the cast mounts. Let me know if you think that year was the best choice , im trying to find out what year I need as im planning on building a High Pinion Dana 44 so any info would be helpful.

Back