• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Second Chance

cencal96xj

NAXJA Forum User
It's official! Im back! Pick up the new project last week and I'm stoked to start building it. Already got parts piling up.

Specs/info:
1996 4.0 automajic with np 231
215k on the clock 80k on motor
4" I think rustys lift????
Has adjustable lowers and fixed uppers
Double sheer trac bar mount with an adjustable trac bar
IRO heavy duty tie rod
30" falken wild peaks wrapped around american racing outlaw II's

So it's a good start. Runs strong and the interior is stupid clean. All the power windows and locks work too!!

Ive already got parts piling up for it
Deaver leaf springs with synergy shackles
33" falken wild peaks wrapped around mojave teflon wheels
Aussie locker for the front
Deaver coil springs should be here by Wednesday
And I'm having my buddy build me some temporary rock sliders until I do rocker panel replacement

I already did front brakes cuz they were grinding by the time I got home from buying it haha

Like I said I cant wait to get wrenching on this thing. Stay tuned for updates just wanted to show everyone what I got!

Only have a couple pics right now but here she is

Awesome start man. What are your plans for it? I see some Deaver parts.. Planning on going fast?

Re: Re: Project Second Chance

Awesome start man. What are your plans for it? I see some Deaver parts.. Planning on going fast?

I wanna be able to do both so I figured deaver was the way to go. Probably 3 link in front eventually and hybrid cage kinda like yours with shocks through the floor

Also, I'm in the market for a d30 mine appers to be bent, probably from someone jumping it at one point. And the wheels have some negative camber

Small update. Going to pick up and axle on Tuesday and my springs should be here either Tuesday or Wednesday. So those will probably both go in at the same time to make things easier. And I'll probably trim my fenders and put the new wheels and tires on at the time as well

Yayyyy

Idk if anyone is paying attention since I'm the last 4 comments on here , but oh well.
More goodies. Thanks to Jeremy (JohnnieWalker) for the bitchin deal on these bad boys.

5150s?

Can't wait to see it all come together

Looking good man.

Thanks!

Picked up a new (to me) d30 today to replace my bent one. On Thursday I will put the new springs on it and put it all under the jeep, as well as my new wheels/tires! Cant wait!

I may have to wait to put the front shocks on until I can go to my buddies shop and have him burn in some tabs for the lower mounts. But the shocks on there now should be fine for DD purposes.

Front axle came out today and new axle/deaver springs went in.

Tomorrow will consist of putting on the 33s and hopefully making lower shock moumts for the bilsteins and mounting them

Have to ask, are you done yet?
Time for some drop bracket or long arms!

Have to ask, are you done yet?
Time for some drop bracket or long arms!

Done for today. Still need to finish rear fenders, paint lower half, take off rear sway bar, adjust caster, and make lower shock mounts for the bilstein's. But it looks muuuuuuuch better if you ask me.

And I will probably buy some drop brackets for now. Don't wanna waste my money on y-link's since I plan on going 3 link eventually.

So got front shocks mounted up today.

Get it supported on to the axle itself if possible, seen a bit of posts here of guys ripping their LCA mount off around there when the ran a shock tab to the bracket

Back