• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Steering return line

CharlieMopps

NAXJA Forum User
So, my power steering was leaking like a siv. I just wanted to take out the box and see if I could fine the leak. End result is both lines were destroyed in the process.

I have a master seal rebuilt kit for the gearbox, a new pressure hose and a new return hose.

But the return hose came with no fittings. The fitting that was on there is Strange to say the least an the flare on the end is a double reverse flare? or something like that.

Anyways... does anyone know how or where I can get a new fitting for this thing? I just need something to attach the low pressure hose to.

It's an 89 btw, dunno if that matters.

If the new return line doesn't look like the one you took off, they gave you the wrong one. Or maybe someone put in other steering parts before you? Take your old hose with you to the parts store.

If the new return line doesn't look like the one you took off, they gave you the wrong one. Or maybe someone put in other steering parts before you? Take your old hose with you to the parts store.

No store on the net or locally sells the actual return line. They just hand you a length of hose.

just take your old fitting to the parts store

Been there, done that. Have you ever looked at the fitting from the return line to the gearbox? Yea... no.

All 5 of my XJ's just take a piece of 3/8" tranny cooler hose. There is a nipple on the back of the reservoir and the fitting coming out of the steering box is just a elbow with a short section of pipe that the hose slips over.

Back